Help with log splitter

/ Help with log splitter #1  

hwatkins

Tractor
Kubota B2920
I built a three point hitch log splitter, the detent is supposed to operate the B Port. I have the B port hooked up to the lower part of the cylinder, which should cause it to retract, but instead it causes it to extend. The other issue is the valve is supposed to have a rapid extend feature, but when I try to engage that the ram sputters, like it can't decide if it should move up or down.

I've gone over the hookups but can't see an issue. I've attached some pictures to show the hookups. Any ideas on ways to troubleshoot?

Prince Model LS3060 Rapid Extend Log Splitter Valve
Prince PTO HC-PTO-2AC Pump

IMG_3049 (1).jpg

LS Valve.jpg

ls tank.jpg

ls pump.jpg

/ Help with log splitter
It sounds like the hoses are hooked up backwards.

Unless the documentation is wrong, I don't see how I have it hooked up wrong, this is the hydraulic circuit below:

Pressure Release Detent:
This feature provides a pressure release detent for the pool 'out' (handle in) position. When the spool is manually placed in the detent positron oil is directed to the 'B' work port (the port away from the handle). When the pressure in the 'B' port reaches a preset level the detent will release and the spool will center.

LogSplitterCircuit.jpg

/ Help with log splitter #4  
The IN hose and OUT hose are reversed.

/ Help with log splitter #5  
Last edited:
   / Help with log splitter
The port is labeled B as the one away from the handle on the top, the in port is labeled to the left of the handle looking at it from the top. I don't think I have those reversed.

ATTACH=CONFIG]419472[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• LogSplittervalve.jpg
    LogSplittervalve.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 2,778
   / Help with log splitter #7  
The picture of your splitter control valve shows the hoses the opposite of what the illustration shows.

/ Help with log splitter #8  
The port is labeled B as the one away from the handle on the top, the in port is labeled to the left of the handle looking at it from the top. I don't think I have those reversed.

ATTACH=CONFIG]419472[/ATTACH]

You are looking at the wrong valve a LS-3000

You should be looking at a LSR-3060-3 which is illustrated in the PDF I posted above.

Don't know who helped you out, but they did you a disservice by lack of knowledge.

A LSR -3060 is disigned to be used with a low GPM pump.

It takes say a 4 GPM flow rate and makes it into a 24 GPM flow rate.

So with that PTO pump, you are asking the 11 GPM valve to support a 44 GPM flow using the regen mode.

If you are going to keep the PTO pump, then get a regular log splitter valve.

It is possible that you could run the engine low enough for a low GPM flow and still use the LSR valve.

Last edited:
   / Help with log splitter
JJ not following you, the LSR-3060-3 is the same port configuration, this is from page 18, port B is away from the handle

lsr3060.png

/ Help with log splitter
JJ not following you, the LSR-3060-3 is the same port configuration, this is from page 18, port B is away from the handle. It does look like they show port A and B going to different ends of the cylinder though. Maybe I'm confused on which direction the fluid flowing would make the cylinder move, I assumed fluid going in to the end near the rod would cause the cylinder to retract

View attachment 419479