Help with new ym226D purchase

/ Help with new ym226D purchase #21  
or even one better than RTV, do you guy's have sikaflex over there? it is urethane, they install windscreens in cars with it (not windscreen sealant) i love that stuff but it's a nightmare to get off if you use it as a gasket. you wont wear it off in a hurry either.

/ Help with new ym226D purchase #22  
I was thinking the same thing about splitting a little bit and forcing some into the crack with a large needle or something. I did not say this as i think there is potential for more leaks if this does not work as planned.

/ Help with new ym226D purchase #23  
or even one better than RTV, do you guy's have sikaflex over there? it is urethane, they install windscreens in cars with it (not windscreen sealant) i love that stuff but it's a nightmare to get off if you use it as a gasket. you wont wear it off in a hurry either.

I wonder if this is what they put on these VN rebuilt tractors? When i put a new wheel seal in there was a stuff like glue that held the gaskets and the flage togeather. It was super tough and i basically tore the gasket paper apart to get the 2 pieces apart. I had to take a razor blade and a wire wheel to get the stuff off and it took a while to get off with the wheel!!!

Austrailia is close to VN china in regards to us and its probably made in china so its likely you are talking about the same stuff they use at the VN rebuild yards.

/ Help with new ym226D purchase #24  
Yellow 3m contact cement is some nasty stuff people used to use we called it monkey snot its horrible to get off later.

/ Help with new ym226D purchase #25  
I was thinking the same thing about splitting a little bit and forcing some into the crack with a large needle or something. I did not say this as i think there is potential for more leaks if this does not work as planned.

Yeah but look at it this way-he needs to split it anyway to do it right he has nothing to loose if its done with finesse it should work that's our story. :thumbsup:

/ Help with new ym226D purchase
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Today I was testing the alternator and regulator, both tested ok, after re-connecting the connector the charge light goes out and testing at the battery with tractor running I get 14.87 volt, so its now charging. Lucky me, guess the terminals weren't making contact and taking it apart and back fixed it..

/ Help with new ym226D purchase
I also have a story that happened this evening that you guys need to here. A little off topic but whatever..

I needed to replace my battery in my ym2210, I purchased a everstart maxx from wal-mart last september, so it was still under warranty. Anyway, was back in automotive looking for another and the guy at the service counter was just asking me what was wrong with it and what it was used in, When I told him a tractor he told me he could replace it but since I was buying for a tractor the new battery wouldnt carry the warranty..that it was policy..I told him they didnt ask what I purchased it for originally. He told me that it is an automotive battery and wal-marts policy states they cant sell it for that application.

This moron and 2 managers argued the same point and told me I needed to buy a "tractor" battery.. I ain't never in my life heard such bullsh*t, Im pretty sure there are no such thing as a tractor battery, all I am aware of are starting, marine, and industrial type. Anyway I asked to see the policy which they never showed and eventually just gave me my cash back, I went to autozone and had no issues..

First time in my life I couldnt exchange a battery at wal-mart...please if I am wrong someone tell me, is there a "tractor" battery? lol

Last time I buy a battery from wal-mart, or if you do better not say its for a tractor..geez

/ Help with new ym226D purchase #29  
I quit buying at Walmart. I like their batteries but they only give a free replacement warrenty' they don't prorate. And with online codes I usually get the same quality battle cheaper at advance with $30 off coupons.

/ Help with new ym226D purchase #30  
No such thing as a "tractor" battery. all you use is a larger capacity which is normal for a diesel anyway, about 650CCA is perfect. your average car battery will be about 440CCA. i always fit the largest battery that will fit in the hole, regardless of it being my Mrs car or my tractors.