help with oil and hydraulic fluid

/ help with oil and hydraulic fluid #1  

whalen

I just changed out the oil and transmission fluid in my Massey Ferguson GC2300. I used what was recommended in the manual.

When I tried to start it back up it coughed a bit and then stopped. Now, it will not really turn over. I have only done this about 3 times as I think that something is wrong. At first, I didn't have the bar that you have to disconnect to get to the engine reconnected. I have since reconnected it, hoping that there was a kill switch, but it still doesn't work.

I have triple checked to see that I used the proper fluids and I did. I have also double checked that all of the fittings and plugs are correct.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I may be missing?

Thanks,

Whalen

/ help with oil and hydraulic fluid #2  
An oil and hydraulic fluid change should have nothing to do with starting the tractor.
Since it doesn't crank, it sonds more like a safety switch problem. Are you sure your transmission is in neutral?

You might be better off posting your questions in the MF forum. I have no idea what "bar" you're writing about is...hopefully someone familar with the GC2300 can help you.

/ help with oil and hydraulic fluid #3  
Might want to re-post as a I Need Help kind of thread, over in MF for more replies. Your title and the thread you chose is more about oil than your issue. Hoping for the best.

/ help with oil and hydraulic fluid
Thanks for the advice. I will post in the MF site. It is in neutral. I hate to say it but it sounds like the engine has seized, as though I put the wrong fluids in there.

/ help with oil and hydraulic fluid
too much oil.

/ help with oil and hydraulic fluid #6  
Thanks for the advice. I will post in the MF site. It is in neutral. I hate to say it but it sounds like the engine has seized, as though I put the wrong fluids in there.

I bet you could have started it and ran it on hyd fluid in the crank case for a bit before seeing problems.. so i don't think that was your issue. ( wrong fluids ).

what comes to mind are the following things:

do you have any hyd quick disconnects that may have come loose.. if so, the hyd pump may be dead heading and making the engine hard to turn, depending on how she's plumbed.

hydraulic lock. any fluid in the cyls will lock the crank ( and bend the crank and rods ) .. would take a head gasket leak or block/liner crack.. or an injector problem to really hyd lock it though.. or fluid introduced into the air intake.. you did add oil tot he crankcase and not the intake right? ( just asking )

bad starter, solenoid, battery, cables or wire connections.

post back.

soundguy

/ help with oil and hydraulic fluid #7  
Just a shot in the dark. Did you change the fuel filter while you were at it? air in the line?

/ help with oil and hydraulic fluid #8  
Just a shot in the dark. Did you change the fuel filter while you were at it? air in the line?

air inthe fuel line would keep it from starting.. but would not keep it from turning over.

soundguy

/ help with oil and hydraulic fluid #9  
Yea, I'm with you soundguy that statement "won't really turn over" was a little ambiguous Wasn't sure if that ment won't fire or won't spin.