HELP WITH THE EXCUSES TO BUY

/ HELP WITH THE EXCUSES TO BUY #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
I TOOK MY 23 in to be checked over today.I fell in love with the bx2750c front snow blower.Is this the one i should get.Should i dish out the extra 300 for the electric chute.Total price of everything of 3045 .good deal?
Help me convince the wife i need to get rid of that money pit plowtruck,and them two walk behind blowers.I might fetch a grand for them.Im tired of maintaining all this stuff.All right i cant fool you folks ,i want a new toy.I thought i could get one of those golf cart covers for the blowing snow.
Really,honestly answer this:Would you give up A heated plow truck,that runs ok,and two decent snow blowers for a tractor mounted blower?
I thought of a rear one[1/2 price],but dont they hurt your back,being turned around?
ALAN

/ HELP WITH THE EXCUSES TO BUY #2  
Hey, I think it's worth it, but then I'm trying to talk myself into one too...

/ HELP WITH THE EXCUSES TO BUY #3  
escavader said:
I TOOK MY 23 in to be checked over today.I fell in love with the bx2750c front snow blower.Is this the one i should get.Should i dish out the extra 300 for the electric chute.Total price of everything of 3045 .good deal?
Help me convince the wife i need to get rid of that money pit plowtruck,and them two walk behind blowers.I might fetch a grand for them.Im tired of maintaining all this stuff.All right i cant fool you folks ,i want a new toy.I thought i could get one of those golf cart covers for the blowing snow.
Really,honestly answer this:Would you give up A heated plow truck,that runs ok,and two decent snow blowers for a tractor mounted blower?
I thought of a rear one[1/2 price],but dont they hurt your back,being turned around?
ALAN

I'd gladly give up a truck and two plows to maintain and keep running for one piece of equipment!! Sounds like an easy one to me. If that doesn't work... the good old "Why not" should!!

/ HELP WITH THE EXCUSES TO BUY #4  
Tell the wife that the walk-behind snowblowers will result in a bad back for you resulting in many backrubs from her. Then tell her the money pit plow truck is keeping you from from buying that expensive necklace for her.

/ HELP WITH THE EXCUSES TO BUY #5  
I would not give up my heated truck, but would not mind having a front mount blower for my tractor....

You can always tell the wife, with less stuff to maintain, you would have more time to take her out to dinner!!!!! :rolleyes:

Gary

/ HELP WITH THE EXCUSES TO BUY #6  
How much do you have to plow, 500’, or a 1 mile? How wide do you have to plow, 8' or 20'? What kind of snow do you get, light stuff or heavy wet stuff?
Answer these questions and we can give you an answer.

I have a snow blower, see my link to winter set up below. BUT I still had to buy a walk behind snow blower because my walkway is too narrow for the tractor. If you have a long, wide driveway, a snowplow may be better i.e. faster. The Kubota snow blower works great BUT it is slow compared to a plow. BUT if you get a lot of snow and have no where to push the snow to, then the blower does a great job. You are correct a 3pt blower is a pain in the neck, I had one and sold it and got a front mounted blower, much nicer.

I made a chute rotator using a window motor for about $25, works fine. I also made a chute deflector device for about $75. Do a searh and you will find it, if not let me know.

/ HELP WITH THE EXCUSES TO BUY
NY_Yankees_Fan said:
How much do you have to plow, 500’, or a 1 mile? How wide do you have to plow, 8' or 20'? What kind of snow do you get, light stuff or heavy wet stuff?
Answer these questions and we can give you an answer.

I have a snow blower, see my link to winter set up below. BUT I still had to buy a walk behind snow blower because my walkway is too narrow for the tractor. If you have a long, wide driveway, a snowplow may be better i.e. faster. The Kubota snow blower works great BUT it is slow compared to a plow. BUT if you get a lot of snow and have no where to push the snow to, then the blower does a great job. You are correct a 3pt blower is a pain in the neck, I had one and sold it and got a front mounted blower, much nicer.

I made a chute rotator using a window motor for about $25, works fine. I also made a chute deflector device for about $75. Do a seach and you will find it, if not let me know.
When i turned on my subscribed threads and saw that you replyed,i thought to myself,oohhh great hes gonna talk me into that rear blower and save me a couple grand.I remember reading some old threads of yours.I guess i must have been correct about the back thing.My drive is 500 ft long [round turn]it takes about 20-30 minutes with truck lets say 8 inch storm[i keep a couple areas to put snow pushed back also]and a 5-600 ft path to the back yard and wood shed .If the truck is down about an hour and 1/2 to do with my walk behind mtd snowblower.As far as places to put snow,not alot,thats the reason i bought a tractor in the first place ,to push back/up bankings.I just thought with a wide pto blower,i could do the path[tractor road] in one trip up and back,and mabey 3 passes in drive.
I know i already got an old truck,2 cabed walk behinds,but sometimes it takes longer to melt the inch of ice off the windshield ,then it takes to plow.
I showed the quote to the wife,and she didnt say no...she didnt say yes either ...she said nothing what to do what to do...My wife hates the color yellow,i think ill go to NAPA tommorow and talk to the paint guy!
ALAN

/ HELP WITH THE EXCUSES TO BUY #8  
Does the $3K include the cab? If not, add another $2K with a heater or so for the cab. $5K, NOW u are = in comfort to a nice warm truck with a plow. Snow blowing with no cab is not fun. Hate to kill a deal but just to let you know what u will spend. I gave $4K with the Sims cab in Jan 05 with a used blower (used only a few times) from Kubota dealer.

My net was $3K since I sold the 3pt blower for $1K.:eek:

Oh btw the front blower works great!:D

/ HELP WITH THE EXCUSES TO BUY
NY_Yankees_Fan said:
Does the $3K include the cab? If not, add another $2K with a heater or so for the cab. $5K, NOW u are = in comfort to a nice warm truck with a plow. Snow blowing with no cab is not fun. Hate to kill a deal but just to let you know what u will spend. I gave $4K with the Sims cab in Jan 05 with a used blower (used only a few times) from Kubota dealer.

My net was $3K since I sold the 3pt blower for $1K.:eek:

Oh btw the front blower works great!:D
NO it does not include a cab,one is not available for the 23[that allows hoe use]I have a golf cart roof ,and was thinking about one of those northern plastic enclsures for it.Didnt you do that once if i recall? could you see out of it?
ALAN

/ HELP WITH THE EXCUSES TO BUY #10  
I own a plow truck and haven't used it since I got the front mounted snowblower. The plow truck was costing me $600 a year for liability insurance, even though it never went on the road. I feel that you have to have the insurance if some fool winds up in front of you and you can't stop. Forget that it happened on your property, you are still at fault if you don't have the insurance to protect yourself. I bought my blower and front hitch mount for $800 used and I have never regretted it (I was also very lucky to find it. Sometimes you just fall into a good deal.). I also made a chute elevation device and a rotating device like NY_Yankees_Fan. This past fall, I ordered a Curtis cab and heater. I have yet to install the heater, since the cab is comfortable with wearing a jacket. I have the BX22 model and have not had a problem using my backhoe with that cab. It isn't made for that model tractor, but it will fit. If you are tall, over 5'9", then you will have a problem with the roof being too low for backhoe use. You could take the roof off for the summer. The only drawback to the cab is the "pocket" that they make for the fuel tank. I remove mine in the summer, and reinstall in the winter. The Curtis Cab is ideally suited for the BX23 because of how the loader valve mounts. In fact, it is better for the BX23 than the BX22!!
Dusty
When you factor in the costs of keeping the truck and how much you will save if you get rid of it, you will like the snowblower. It will take a little longer to clear your driveway, but not that much more that you will mind. If it takes 20 minutes with the truck once you get all the ice off the windshield and clean the snow from the cab, you will probably have finished with the driveway with the Kubota snowblower.