Buying Advice Help with Tractor purchase - newbie

/ Help with Tractor purchase - newbie #81  
We run the one on our M8540 from a rear remote and L5740 from a third function. We are considering on going with a diverter kit from Ken's as we miss the rear remote when using our grapple and HR3584.

/ Help with Tractor purchase - newbie #82  
I run my stump grapple from the rear remote. It would be handy to have a true third function to run everything from the loader joystick, but using one of the rear remotes doesn't slow me down much and was MUCH cheaper.

That Gannon box blade is a real beast. I bought a used 6 foot one for $1100, put about $150 into rebuilding the hydraulic cylinder, and about $100 in hoses (from NAPA, which is when I figured out how proud NAPA is of their hydraulic hoses), and it works great. Not real pretty, but works as good as a new one for about 1/3 of the cost of a brand new one.

CA_09281421330526-XL.jpg

/ Help with Tractor purchase - newbie #83  
I run my stump grapple from the rear remote. It would be handy to have a true third function to run everything from the loader joystick, but using one of the rear remotes doesn't slow me down much and was MUCH cheaper.

That Gannon box blade is a real beast. I bought a used 6 foot one for $1100, put about $150 into rebuilding the hydraulic cylinder, and about $100 in hoses (from NAPA, which is when I figured out how proud NAPA is of their hydraulic hoses), and it works great. Not real pretty, but works as good as a new one for about 1/3 of the cost of a brand new one.
Ya know, that Gannon sure would look good painted either black or Kioti Orange. :cool: Then all you need is a "T&T" set and you'll be in grading heaven. :cool2:

/ Help with Tractor purchase - newbie
So my sales guy was on a trip as we were working this out and he did not put a hold on the Gannon and it sold before money changed hands with me (although we had a verbal). And, the 1884 Landpride rotary cutter was really a 1872. Sigh. So, he sold me a new Gearmore 2G2 (hydraulic rippers) for $400 under his cost because the messed this up (really, almost lost them my business). :(

I received my tractor a while back so now it's time to post some pictures. I ended up with the TN75A with a 2G2 Gearmore hydraulic box blade, a Landpride 72" rotary cutter, a heavy duty bucket (SSQA), pallet forks and a 72" grapple. Grapple1.jpgGrapple2.jpgGrapple3.jpg

I have a couple of questions (don't laugh...).

1. Do I need to shut off the tractor to hook up the quick connect hydraulics? That's what I've been doing.
2. Is there an easy way to release the QA hydraulics? It appears that I can press in on the outer ring and release the male end from the coupling.
3. The 'tilt' is mounted on the rear, but not a 'top'. I have several cylinders that came with this. Would it be wise/useful to mount the 'Top'? (I have 3 rear remotes, one of which hooks to the grapple when it is mounted).
4. I assume the hydraulics/rear end fluid is all part of one system? Does this include the power shuttle? (manual is a little vague on all this)
5. What hydraulic fluid is best?
6. What grease should I use for the pins on the loader/grapple?

Thanks. Take care,

/ Help with Tractor purchase - newbie #87  
I have a couple of questions (don't laugh...).

1. Do I need to shut off the tractor to hook up the quick connect hydraulics? That's what I've been doing.YES
2. Is there an easy way to release the QA hydraulics?Not really It appears that I can press in on the outer ring and release the male end from the coupling.YEP
3. The 'tilt' is mounted on the rear, but not a 'top'. I have several cylinders that came with this. Would it be wise/useful to mount the 'Top'? (I have 3 rear remotes, one of which hooks to the grapple when it is mounted).Yes
4. I assume the hydraulics/rear end fluid is all part of one system? Does this include the power shuttle? (manual is a little vague on all this)Yes, all one sump. of course front axle fluid is not part of the sump
5. What hydraulic fluid is best?The one/ones your manual specify's is a safe bet
6. What grease should I use for the pins on the loader/grapple?It is not critical. Some people like grease with Moly in it, but I dont think it matters near as much as to what type you use as long as you use grease, and plenty of it

Thanks. Take care,

See my answers above. If you need more clarification, let us know. Happy tractoring.

/ Help with Tractor purchase - newbie #88  
James, you did a nice job of answering the poster's questions, direct and to the point. Helps make this a great forum!

/ Help with Tractor purchase - newbie #89  
I have a couple of questions (don't laugh...). 1. Do I need to shut off the tractor to hook up the quick connect hydraulics? That's what I've been doing. 2. Is there an easy way to release the QA hydraulics? It appears that I can press in on the outer ring and release the male end from the coupling. 3. The 'tilt' is mounted on the rear, but not a 'top'. I have several cylinders that came with this. Would it be wise/useful to mount the 'Top'? (I have 3 rear remotes, one of which hooks to the grapple when it is mounted). 4. I assume the hydraulics/rear end fluid is all part of one system? Does this include the power shuttle? (manual is a little vague on all this) 5. What hydraulic fluid is best? 6. What grease should I use for the pins on the loader/grapple? Thanks. Take care,

Congrats! Nice looking tractor.

Thanks James!