Helpful neighbor!

/ Helpful neighbor! #151  
Originally Posted by outinthetalgrass
Maybe she thinks that she is putting up her own fence??

You fenced her out. She didn't like that, so she tore down the fence.

Now, she is fencing you out.

Bruce

/ Helpful neighbor! #152  
You fenced her out. She didn't like that, so she tore down the fence.

Now, she is fencing you out.

Bruce

Believe it or not, some people actually think that way...
I left a beautiful piece of property previously owned by my Grandmother because of a nut-case like this one. They had had a 5 foot chain link fence put up around 3 acres. Most people thought it was to keep her dogs in, but they had their own pen. The fence was to keep me out, because they thought I might retaliate against them for standing up for my rights. I had the law called on me more times than I can count. The last one, the officer was almost involved in a wreck because they said I had a gun pointed at them. (When I did, they also called... sitting out front on picnic table cleaning guns, no ammo around). This time we (all the neighbors) were out on the street talking. Sheriff slid around the corner, stopped to view from the street and then went into driveway. Then came out and asked if any of us were armed. I was the only one with even a pocket knife (1.5" blade). He went back to the neighbors and then came back, asking me what I had "in the rear of my pick-up" which was parked half-way down my 300 foot driveway (opposite side of property). He wanted to look, so we walked down there, and as I approached the truck, he said they mentioned me continuously going to the back of the truck and taking aim at them. I started laughing and told the officer as I rounded the back corner of the truck, (and picked up my thermos)... "would you like a cup of coffee?????" as I proceeded to pour myself another one. He was extremely ticked off, and threatened to take both of the neighbors to jail (even put them in the back seat for half an hour). Finally let them out, and we didn't have any more calls, ever. I had already bought another place, and six months after I moved, they sold out and moved.
Moral of the story is.... patience, right will prevail at some point, but when you're in the middle of it like Shield Arc is, it seems like it will never get straightened out. Moving doesn't sound like an option to him as it was for me (and we did have "other" reasons for making the move) so my heart and prayers go out to Shield Arc and family. Just keep it real, and use your head.
David from jax

/ Helpful neighbor! #153  
I was just wondering...what that dear sweet neighbor's property is actually worth, and is it enough to buy her a place in town on a small lot? Find her a place that you think she might like that is for sale, and get a realtor to suggest to the seller that if they do some trading...that you would buy the traded land from them at a profit. Keep your name out of it, (make sure the lien is known) and see what happens. You could do a whole lot worse than buying her out, but she probably won't sell to you, which is why getting a seller to offer to trade house for house might be a better idea. Keep trying to find one till somebody comes up with a place she would like to live in. Guy here did this, and it took 4 years to find a place (Got a guy to inflate his selling price to double the value of the neighbor's place, while in reality it was worth about the same). Neighbor didn't have appraisals done, quit claim deeds covered it because there were liens. The neighbor thought they were getting the deal of a lifetime and seller was paying "all closing costs", when in reality the Guy covered the closing costs, and paid the house in town off in return for the neighbors property.
David from jax

/ Helpful neighbor!
Now this, since it affected her property, should have been done with her permission and agreement..
This is what her property looked like when my lawyer had me block off the 8-inch drain pipe at the pond. Which let the water go it's natural flow. This water floods the west half of her 5-acres. The judge ordered me to remove the plug at the pond so the water could go into the 8-inch pipe. Now the water drains into a year around creek at the east end of her property.

Attachments

• Pond discharge 2.jpg
    Pond discharge 2.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 707
  • Natural flow from pond to south road.jpg
    Natural flow from pond to south road.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 693
  • Road looking east.jpg
    Road looking east.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 777
  • More dirt added 4.jpg
    More dirt added 4.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 749
   / Helpful neighbor!
I was just wondering...what that dear sweet neighbor's property is actually worth
Not that I know, but I don't think her property is worth much. Hand dug well, not to code septic, east half of the 5-acres floods every winter. Looks like a 1950's trailer, with a scabbed on log cabin, setting on the only high spot of the entire 5-acres. :thumbdown:

Attachments

• More dirt added 4.jpg
    More dirt added 4.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 717
   / Helpful neighbor! #157  
Well if ya knew then what ya know now ya could have paid her 20K and been out way ahead! lol....

Bad juju in this neck of the woods stopping or changing water flow across your property and or diverting it differently onto someone's place.

Mark

/ Helpful neighbor!
Bad juju in this neck of the woods stopping or changing water flow across your property and or diverting it differently onto someone's place.
Like my lawyer said in court. We can't control the weather, and we can't reverse gravity. I think she is 20 or 25-feet lower in elevation than I' am.
Here is what the seasonal water looks like coming onto my 5-acres from the north. Next picture is the year around creek where I diverted the water. The water actually drains onto a dead end dirt road, crosses the road into the year around creek. The water I diverted drains onto another neighbor's 5-acres which she had no problem with me diverting the water onto her property, because the year around creek runs right through her 5-acres.

Attachments

• Water in, look north.jpg
    Water in, look north.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 752
  • Transue creek look east.jpg
    Transue creek look east.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 705
   / Helpful neighbor! #159  
Hey Shield Arc, I just saw this thread and went through it from the first post. This women needs to stick her head in a pail of water... twice...but only take it out once!:thumbsup: You mentioned a couple posts back her septic isn't to code and she has a hand dug well? Well there's the problem, she's been drinking her own waste!:eek: Her dogs can't even stand her, that's why they come to you. They're trying to tell you something.

On a serious note as far as I know most counties are very strict on septic systems. If hers isn't up to code and especially if it could leak into a well or ground water, she could be forced to spend a lot of money to bring it up to code. When I subdivided a neighbor went to the county to object. This was a relatively new neighbor that bought a parcel from a subdivided lot beside me. I met all the requirements to subdivide and this beyotch shows up at the county meeting to object. The county however wouldn't let her talk even when I brought up that a neighbor had objections and I invited her to talk. Her husband works on off shore drilling rigs or something like that so they have money.

Anyway, I cut her down to size! She even waited over an hour to try to confront me about it. She should have been kissing my FEET!!! She did send a letter to the county voicing her objections, which the county allows. Before I went to the meeting I checked if there were any objections and was given her letter with the name and address blacked out like an "anonymous" letter. Here's a helpful tip for anyone writing a letter to come across as anonymous, don't include phrases like the property to the South of us! :laughing: In her letter she mentioned about the extra run off from more residences. I owned the low spot that took all the drainage for the subdivision. One of the first things my dad did when he bought the property was have the other neighbor dig a canal to better handle the run off. Then she made what could have been a very expensive mistake. She talked about where all the extra septic waste was going to go. I said in a proper septic field, it decomposes in the ground. Now with having a complete copy of the plumbing code in my hands and the county providing a very nice aerial view of the property, I pointed out that it clearly states in section so and so that no part of a septic mound or septic field can fall within 30 meters of a property line... If you look at the aerial view you can clearly see this new septic mound and the fence on the property line. If you measured 30 M's from the property line you would be smack dab in the middle of this septic mound.:stirthepot: When she talked to me afterwards she was saying it cost $30,000 to put their septic field in and would cost a lot to move it. I don't know why the county didn't really say anything in the meeting when I brought it up but I think it was well within my rights to press the issue if I chose to. In hindsight maybe I should have. This is the same woman I wish I could have had charged with child endangerment. They had a brand new zero turn mower and she took her daughter, about 3, on it with her while she was cutting the grass going about 10 MPH! The grass was pretty short to begin with but you could see the mower bouncing all over the place and she was even doing sharp turns. I cringed every time I saw this. Had she have caused me not to be able to subdivide, I would have forced the issue of having the septic mound moved. Maybe you can press the septic issue not to code since you're the adjacent property owner and it could affect you?

/ Helpful neighbor! #160  
This is what her property looked like when my lawyer had me block off the 8-inch drain pipe at the pond. Which let the water go it's natural flow. This water floods the west half of her 5-acres. The judge ordered me to remove the plug at the pond so the water could go into the 8-inch pipe. Now the water drains into a year around creek at the east end of her property.

While solving a mutual problem, it really should have been cleared first...

Of course, the judges order kinda makes it moot now, but it does show some back story to this mess..