helping "down under"

/ helping "down under" #11  
Re: helping \"down under\"

<font color=blue>So what, can't you see any attachments?? - I am confused as you are the guru </font color=blue>
Harv is still the guru. The attachment was an executable that can only run on Windows PCs. Harv runs an Apple something or other. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ helping "down under" #12  
Re: helping

Mike (Guru II)

How do you save a screen shot like that?

Cheers

/ helping "down under" #13  

<font color=blue>What is it that you use instead?</font color=blue>

<font color=purple>Harv runs an Apple something or other</font color=purple>

Well, Neil, looks like Mike has already answered your question. I'm a staunch Macintosh fanatic.
wink.gif

I guess I should confess that in addition to my 4 PowerMacs, I also have a pretty decent PC running Windows 98, which I keep around for testing my web stuff. So why didn't I just check the attachment on that machine? Well, you see ... it's in a different room ... and it wasn't turned on at the time ... and ... I can be pretty darned lazy when I put my mind to it. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

/ helping "down under" #14  

Shift PrintScreen copies the current screen image onto the Windows Clipboard. Then I opened up an image editor program, Pasted from the Clipboard, flipped the image 180 degrees then saved as a jpeg image.

/ helping "down under" #15  

Mike

Sounds too hard for me, but I'll try....

Nah - Where is the Windows Clipboard????

/ helping "down under" #16  

Harv

Showing of course my ignorance to most things here....

Didn't Mac invent Windows???

/ helping "down under" #17  

Oh gosh no! Unix had a "windowing" feature before Microsoft. Harv can pipe in, as he might know better, but I think Xerox actually developed on of the very early "window" type software.

/ helping "down under" #18  

<font color=blue>Didn't Mac invent Windows???</font color=blue>

Actually, Apple stole the basic interface from Xerox and developed the Macintosh. Bill Gates then, through devious means, took a Mac prototype and whipped up a quick and dirty knockoff of Apple's work and announced it just in time to upstage the introduction of the Mac. He named the knockoff "Windows".

There was a fascinating docudrama on TV called "Pirates Of Silicon Valley" which told the whole story. It's available on video now, and you can find it through places like Amazon.com.

/ helping "down under" #19  

<font color=blue>Nah - Where is the Windows Clipboard????</font color=blue>
When you cut or copy information from a program, it is moved to the Clipboard and remains there until you clear the Clipboard or until you cut or copy another piece of information. The Clipboard is like a scratch pad area in Windows.

/ helping "down under" #20  

Aggh /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif

Mike & Harv

Guess I'll leave the guruing up to you guys and I'll just stick to asking silly questions /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Cheers from Down Under.