Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results
Good idea Martian :thumbsup:

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #12  
Thanks for posting.

I have been doing the same thing, but in a roundabout way...

For example, if I want to search "JD vs Kubota" I will type "JD vs Kubota tractorbynet" into Google. I'll then click "More results from tractorbynet.com"
That pretty much gets the same result, but your way will be much faster...:thumbsup:

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #13  
That's been reported here for a while.
Also you don't need the www

Found this on the first page of a google search using the syntax:
how to search tractorbynet google site:tractorbynet.com
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/news-feedback/197350-search-syntax-help.html
many people use the google search on the tractorbynet.com
syntax:
* * * * * *my search string:tractorbynet.com

Hope that helps

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ed-search-terms-tractorbynet.html#post2156135

Like you, I have been struggling with the TBN search function. If I try to do a fairly simple search on, say, "loaded tires", the returned search results give me hundreds of posts that contain the word "loaded" in addition to hundreds of posts that contain the word "tires". As a result, I do most of my TBN searching through Google. Using my tires example, I would do a Google search for

"loaded tires" site:tractorbynet.com

and link back to the TBN posts from the Google results. At least this way I would find posts that actually contain the entire phrase and not just individual words from the phrase.

Perhaps I'm just not aware of how the TBN search function is designed. Although I am a newer member, I have been using this site for quite a while before actually registering as a user. Any search advice would be appreciated here.

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #14  
When I'm looking for information from extension offices, I usually add "site:.edu" to my search. It keeps out the people who are just trying to sell me something.

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #15  
Sure would be nice is Muhammad added a link that did this automatically
on the search page...
Hint Hint

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #16  
I used the forum's search to read every thread that mentioned my Deere 4100 shortly after I bought it early last year. Worked very nicely! I had to keep track of how many pages back I had read so I could easily find where I left off.

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #17  
I like to learn something each day.
Thanks for the post
RoN

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results
newbury said:
That's been reported here for a while.
Also you don't need the www

That's the problem, It keeps bumping down so someone who hasn't read the forum almost everyday doesn't get the benefit of reading/seeing those posts.

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #19  
I've been using that method for quite some time looking for exterior Studebaker Champion Coupe parts. Works well, but brings up a lot of dead links when searching "for sale" sites.

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #20  
I do not think TBN would want a great search engine. As long as TBN has been around and as many posts as there are, pretty much every possible question has been asked and answered. With the exception of new model tractors. If you could easily find answers with the search engine there wouldn't be as many new posts. Less new posts = less answers = lower value of TBN.
Bill