Here it is The new x700 info

/ Here it is The new x700 info #11  
That was what I ment about the FEL on the 700 series. If you want one, why not step up to the 1 series for the little difference in price. I was just responding to an earlier post about the redesigning the FEL for the new X700 machines. They were saying frames would be thinner and possibly weaker to comply with the new government weight ratings for L&G tractors. No diss was ment to the X700 series or their owners.

I hear what your saying.

All I meant was, a lot of people suggest buying a 1 series, over an X700. The 1 series is not a good grass cutting machine, if that is 75% of your work load. Yes, the X700 series and 1 series are very similar in specs, but they are worlds apart when you compare grass cutting abilities. More or less all I mean to say is anyone looking to cut a lot of grass, is better off with an X7 series, than a 1 series.

If you have solid wide open ground, almost pasture type ground or large fields, not many obstacles, and a lot of small loader work to do, your much better off with the 1 series.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #12  
JDTank, I would respectfully disagree that the 1 series is not a good mowing machine. I have the 1026R with the 60 auto connect deck and think it does just as good of a job as my X748 with the 60" seven iron deck. Now, I will admit that the ROPS, even folded, is a real annoyance at times. IF you mow bushes, planters, etc. the ROPS and warning lights have to be watched. But with respect to the quality of the cut and the ability to move around obstacles I believe it is just as good. Of course I mow in two wheel drive and the X tractors with the full time four wheel drive might offer a little more traction without the need to switch to four wheel drive.

But if I were to compare the time to mow and the quality of cut I firmly believe I lost nothing going to the 1026R. That is of course, with the exception of a just a few more seconds around tree branches. There might be the smallest area around the house that the ROPS actually prohibits me from getting to but is isn't much.

I had some issues with my X748 scuffing the turf in tight turns that Deere representatives said was normal. That is when I started thinking about the 1 series. I personally thought the X748 was a great mowing tractor, with the scuffing exception, along with the X595 I had before. The 60" seven iron deck was a much better deck in my view than the 62" on the 595. That is not to say the 62 is a poor deck only that the seven iron deck is just that much better.

I just think before a customer who needs a tractor for mowing should try the 1 series on their yard before dismissing it as a good mowing tractor. I know they will be happy with the X tractor but if they might be considering a need for a loader then the 1 series may be the better fit. For me it was.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #13  
JDTank, I would respectfully disagree that the 1 series is not a good mowing machine. I have the 1026R with the 60 auto connect deck and think it does just as good of a job as my X748 with the 60" seven iron deck. Now, I will admit that the ROPS, even folded, is a real annoyance at times. IF you mow bushes, planters, etc. the ROPS and warning lights have to be watched. But with respect to the quality of the cut and the ability to move around obstacles I believe it is just as good. Of course I mow in two wheel drive and the X tractors with the full time four wheel drive might offer a little more traction without the need to switch to four wheel drive.

But if I were to compare the time to mow and the quality of cut I firmly believe I lost nothing going to the 1026R. That is of course, with the exception of a just a few more seconds around tree branches. There might be the smallest area around the house that the ROPS actually prohibits me from getting to but is isn't much.

I had some issues with my X748 scuffing the turf in tight turns that Deere representatives said was normal. That is when I started thinking about the 1 series. I personally thought the X748 was a great mowing tractor, with the scuffing exception, along with the X595 I had before. The 60" seven iron deck was a much better deck in my view than the 62" on the 595. That is not to say the 62 is a poor deck only that the seven iron deck is just that much better.

I just think before a customer who needs a tractor for mowing should try the 1 series on their yard before dismissing it as a good mowing tractor. I know they will be happy with the X tractor but if they might be considering a need for a loader then the 1 series may be the better fit. For me it was.

I agree. What I was trying to say is for someone with only an acre or two of grass, with a lot of obstacles or low clearance issues, your better off with the X700 series. You certainly wouldn't lose any cut quality with the 1 series. The weight is also quite a bit higher on the 1 series, and with industrial tires, lawn damage is much more likely if you have soft ground.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #14  
That was what I ment about the FEL on the 700 series. If you want one, why not step up to the 1 series for the little difference in price. I was just responding to an earlier post about the redesigning the FEL for the new X700 machines. They were saying frames would be thinner and possibly weaker to comply with the new government weight ratings for L&G tractors. No diss was ment to the X700 series or their owners.

No offense taken. For me the trade off in moving up was loosing the manueverablity, I thought about a 2520 when I was buying but the x749 fit my needs better. I may add a 2720 or similar tractor next year.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #16  
I'm drooling for an X739 to replace my aging 425 AWS. I love my AWS, but I will need to mow this property for another 12 years or so. I'm not sure my 425 will last that long (now 1100 hours). So, do I bite the bullet and go for a new mower now? Or ride the 425 until it dies? I'd also love to not have to put chains on for snow season and I think the x739 would facilitate that for snow plowing. Not sure what to do here.

Yes the advantage that the X-series has over the 1-series is no roll bar to get in the way, lower center of gravity, and maneuverability. I'm sold on AWS as a serious time saver and that makes anything else less attrative.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #17  
I'm drooling for an X739 to replace my aging 425 AWS. I love my AWS, but I will need to mow this property for another 12 years or so. I'm not sure my 425 will last that long (now 1100 hours). So, do I bite the bullet and go for a new mower now? Or ride the 425 until it dies? I'd also love to not have to put chains on for snow season and I think the x739 would facilitate that for snow plowing. Not sure what to do here.

Yes the advantage that the X-series has over the 1-series is no roll bar to get in the way, lower center of gravity, and maneuverability. I'm sold on AWS as a serious time saver and that makes anything else less attrative.

Maybe an almost new X749 would be a good fit. There is never a better time to buy new equipment than right now.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #18  
Maybe an almost new X749 would be a good fit. There is never a better time to buy new equipment than right now.

This is very true.

With the current $1,000 discount on the X700 series, and the last of the 2012 models turning into stale stock, you could easily get the salesman's price down.

Also keep in mind, the new X700 series has a higher MSRP than the 2012 models. I just looked at the X740, compared to the new X750. The new X750, is $900 more than my X740. That is $900 more right off the bat, retail price increase.

MSRP is ALWAYS on the rise, don't wait for huge sales that may or may not come, The x700 series price increase is proof of this. Sure you gained HC decks and autoconnect, but you lost tractor weight, a bit of size, and most likely some build quality too. Is that worth $900? If anything they should have been $900 cheaper.

I was contemplating waiting on the new X700 series before I pulled the trigger, and boy am I ever glad I didn't pass up this X740. The new machines are considerably lighter, slightly smaller, and "cheapened down" from what I have heard. Also, like I said, being the last of the 2012's, combined with the incentives to move them, I walked away with one smoking deal.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #19  
This is very true.

With the current $1,000 discount on the X700 series, and the last of the 2012 models turning into stale stock, you could easily get the salesman's price down.

Also keep in mind, the new X700 series has a higher MSRP than the 2012 models. I just looked at the X740, compared to the new X750. The new X750, is $900 more than my X740. That is $900 more right off the bat, retail price increase.

MSRP is ALWAYS on the rise, don't wait for huge sales that may or may not come, The x700 series price increase is proof of this. Sure you gained HC decks and autoconnect, but you lost tractor weight, a bit of size, and most likely some build quality too. Is that worth $900? If anything they should have been $900 cheaper.

I was contemplating waiting on the new X700 series before I pulled the trigger, and boy am I ever glad I didn't pass up this X740. The new machines are considerably lighter, slightly smaller, and "cheapened down" from what I have heard. Also, like I said, being the last of the 2012's, combined with the incentives to move them, I walked away with one smoking deal.

I'm not convinced the 100 lb difference matters all that much. I suspect it's still quite well made. And the HC autoconnect deck is a big plus. Don't much like the older decks other than the 7 iron, and that's available on AWS models. However, I would prefer diesel, and that can't be had in AWD/AWS anymore. In that case the X749 would be a good choice. The mower deck is a sticking point for me. Can't decide.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #20  
I think it is a nice looking machine.

What gauge metal were the decks made out of before? They are 9 gauge now.