Heres a solution to one of my problems

/ Heres a solution to one of my problems #1  

Tchamp

Silver Member
Tractor
Power trac PT-2422
Have you been going through the woods on your Power Trac and all the sudden pssssssssssssssss you have a flat. Get the tire off only to find out that the inside valve stem has been clipped off by a tree branch or piece of wood or something. I have a solution that I hope will curb this issue. I purchased from Napa, the universal tubeless clamp in tire valve, reversed it, and installed backwards with the long portion on the inside.It has a much lower profile on the outside and hopefully I won’t have any more issues with knocking valve stems off on the inside of my rim. I’ve had flats multiple time because of this happening while working in the woods. See pics below.
IMG_2670.JPG
IMG_2676.JPG
IMG_2677.JPG

/ Heres a solution to one of my problems #2  
Okay, a valve stem can obviously be installed with the outside in...but how would you make it function?

There are simpler ways to to plug a hole in a rim, if that was the main purpose.

/ Heres a solution to one of my problems #3  
Something looks a little backwards there. Did you make an installation error?

How do you inflate the tire? One-way valve mounted the wrong way?

Hares a solution to one of my problems

My cats seem to be a solution to the Hare problem. Although, I've heard reports of a few around, but the hares are mighty rare here.

/ Heres a solution to one of my problems #4  
Looks like a great solution - but isn't it in backwards - the stem should be on the outside no?

/ Heres a solution to one of my problems #5  
I think he's using it as a plug in place of the inside-facing valve stem. There's an outside facing valve stem as well, so he can fill it from there, if I'm not mistaken.

/ Heres a solution to one of my problems #6  
Not that it looks all that likely to happen in this case because of the placement in the rim, but I've had metal valve stems that were unnecessarily long on the inside puncture the liner of the tire. When running low pressures, that is.

/ Heres a solution to one of my problems
Okay, a valve stem can obviously be installed with the outside in...but how would you make it function?

There are simpler ways to to plug a hole in a rim, if that was the main purpose.

My rim has two valve, stems one on the inside and one on the outside of the rim

/ Heres a solution to one of my problems
I think he's using it as a plug in place of the inside-facing valve stem. There's an outside facing valve stem as well, so he can fill it from there, if I'm not mistaken.

You are correct

/ Heres a solution to one of my problems #9  
I posted this a while ago:

/ Heres a solution to one of my problems #10  
Did the same and welded notched pipe on the outer stems....then filled with ultra-seal from gempler's ...not a flat in years on 2 425s and an 1850.