Here's my sped up video of clearing snow after our last blizzard

/ Here's my sped up video of clearing snow after our last blizzard #1  

tractorgp

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25
It took me two sessions to get rid of the snow after the 2nd blizzard of the season. I posted a video (on TBN) of the first clearing effort earlier but I'm late getting this video out.

/ Here's my sped up video of clearing snow after our last blizzard #2  
Cool video! It's amazing how much snow that tractor can move. What did you use for a camera setup to record yourself? Looks like you have some sort of auto tracking feature? Looks neat.

/ Here's my sped up video of clearing snow after our last blizzard
Cool video! It's amazing how much snow that tractor can move. What did you use for a camera setup to record yourself? Looks like you have some sort of auto tracking feature? Looks neat.

It's an Axis PTZ camera mounted on a pole in front of the house. It does have auto tracking but in the video a human did the work :)

/ Here's my sped up video of clearing snow after our last blizzard #4  
:thumbsup: you make it look way to easy.

/ Here's my sped up video of clearing snow after our last blizzard #6  
I take it you do not have chains or loaded tires??

You definitely need both Fluid Film and one set of Clarence's impeller paddles to really
move that snow pack and blast it across the road.

Do you have the room to clear away the pile by your garage or is the snow blowing
from that direction most of the time?

I will never understand why they being RAD or anyone else does not build and or
sell rear single stage snow casters for three point hitch mounts as the engineering
for them has been proven for decades.

You can purchase single stage snow casters with 22 horse air cooled engines for
power units for RTV's and ATV's but not in Canada or the United States.

Last edited:
I take it you do not have chains or loaded tires??

You definitely need both Fluid Film and one set of Clarence's impeller paddles to really
move that snow pack and blast it across the road.

Do you have the room to clear away the pile by your garage or is the snow blowing
from that direction most of the time?

I will never understand why they being RAD or anyone else does not build and or
sell rear single stage snow casters for three point hitch mounts as the engineering
for them has been proven for decades.

You can purchase single stage snow casters with 22 horse air cooled engines for
power units for RTV's and ATV's but not in Canada or the United States.

No chains or loaded tires... for the most part I get along fine as is. I could use a few extra pto hp when in heavy snow but other than that I will likely stay the same - I have tried spraying WD-40 on the chute interior but not a big difference - might try the fluid film though. In medium to heavy snow and a full on grab of of 24 inches the BX struggles to effectively throw the snow any reasonable distance and I often have to slow down or raise the blower to reduce the load. So other than making that first blower-width cut I get pretty good control and good throwing distance by taking less than a full blower width cut at a time (for deep heavy snow).
No experience with snow casters... did a quick search and not a lot of info out there. Saw one patent that gives a good account and description (US4367603 - 1983).

/ Here's my sped up video of clearing snow after our last blizzard #8  
Thanks for responding,

Once you start spraying the Fluid Film on the chute, spout, auger flights and the impeller by spraying from the top down you will notice a huge difference in snow clearing performance.

If you add Clarences impeller kit you will have even greater throwing distance with the same engine settings and no plugging to go along with it. The slick lubrication from the fluid film that develops a nice coating over time-I am too lazy to use turtle wax on my RAD JUNK hiding under green paint. ****, I never got around to putting the casters on it hoping perhaps to find a Pronovost TRS800 with lights and all the bells and whistles on it hiding by the first Blue Spruce Christmas Tree I planted in 1981.

If you ever decide to add liquid ballast, using windshield washer fluid straight from the jug works well but you end up with blue fingers for a while.

I purchased a tire filling valve from Gemplers and added a piece of old garden hose and a spare female bib fitting to it and filled my tires tires that way by just using a funnel to fill the tires and burp them free of air. The JDLA115 was a much more effective mule and less of a boat anchor then with the 84 pounds of suitcase weights and the 2 link ladder chains on it.

I look forward to seeing more of your videos.

Thanks for responding,

Once you start spraying the Fluid Film on the chute, spout, auger flights and the impeller by spraying from the top down you will notice a huge difference in snow clearing performance.

If you add Clarences impeller kit you will have even greater throwing distance with the same engine settings and no plugging to go along with it. The slick lubrication from the fluid film that develops a nice coating over time-I am too lazy to use turtle wax on my RAD JUNK hiding under green paint. ****, I never got around to putting the casters on it hoping perhaps to find a Pronovost TRS800 with lights and all the bells and whistles on it hiding by the first Blue Spruce Christmas Tree I planted in 1981.

If you ever decide to add liquid ballast, using windshield washer fluid straight from the jug works well but you end up with blue fingers for a while.

I purchased a tire filling valve from Gemplers and added a piece of old garden hose and a spare female bib fitting to it and filled my tires tires that way by just using a funnel to fill the tires and burp them free of air. The JDLA115 was a much more effective mule and less of a boat anchor then with the 84 pounds of suitcase weights and the 2 link ladder chains on it.

I look forward to seeing more of your videos.

Looks like Fluid Film is available locally so will give that a try. Right now I'd be a bit hesitant regarding impeller kits as it seems that the load would increase and as I mentioned the only real problem that I have with heavy snow is the shortage of pto power. Thanks for watching my videos... more on the way :)

/ Here's my sped up video of clearing snow after our last blizzard #10  
Fluid film is now sold at Lowes at around $10 a can. Great stuff.