Hesitation problem

/ Hesitation problem
Coyote, the 1020 was built between 1965 and 1973. It definitely was designed to run on leaded gas.

duke, One thing I would like to add is the brand of spark plug. Right around the same time leaded gas disappeared, I stopped having any luck with Champion plugs in these JD utility tractors. I switched to Autolite and had much better success. Have you tried adjusting the carb at all? The needle valve screw near the top of carb adjusts idle mixture. SInce it is loading up at idle, I would try turning that screw in maybe 1/4 turn to see if it helps.

I changed the plugs with autolite and it appears to have done the trick. Running like a Deere again, thanks for the tip.

/ Hesitation problem #22  
That's good to hear that everything is going well now! So are you going to continue with this thread about the various things that have been suggested? And, I for one am curious as to why you had to cut off the steering wheel?!:confused2: Was there no way to get a puller to remove it from the column?

/ Hesitation problem
That's good to hear that everything is going well now! So are you going to continue with this thread about the various things that have been suggested? And, I for one am curious as to why you had to cut off the steering wheel?!:confused2: Was there no way to get a puller to remove it from the column?

That was the only way to get it off. I tried everything to remove the old wheel, I soaked it , heated it, and used a puller but I couldn't get it to budge.
I finally cut it, but I have ample threads and surface for the new steering wheel.

Yes, as I get more time I will post pictures as the job comes along, I have it almost completely stripped down and will start the body work soon.
Will keep you posted.