Hesston 1120 mower height

/ Hesston 1120 mower height #11  
You might try adjousting the springs ( the shop may have tinkered with them). If I was going to try that I would be very conservative about it. Make sure what ever you do to one side you do to the other. Example if you turn one side two full turns, make sure you turn the other side two turn to keep the sickle level. If this seems to help, you can also add a couple more turns to get the sickle to the level you want. (Important) keep track of the number of turns you give it over all so that if that does not solve your problem, you can get back to where you are now and figure out the next step in trying to solve the problem.

On the Hesston, the cutterbar/reel assy are not equal weight side to side and the springs are adjusted differently from each other. The amount of tension on the springs is governed by the cutterbar/reel assy weight, 75 lbs per side. It is a very easy adjustment. Also, if you vary the skid shoe height, it will impact the float too. The Hesston (CaseIH) manual is one of the best I've ever seen, very well done. I highly recommend buying this one.

/ Hesston 1120 mower height #12  
On the Hesston, the cutterbar/reel assy are not equal weight side to side and the springs are adjusted differently from each other. The amount of tension on the springs is governed by the cutterbar/reel assy weight, 75 lbs per side. It is a very easy adjustment. Also, if you vary the skid shoe height, it will impact the float too. The Hesston (CaseIH) manual is one of the best I've ever seen, very well done. I highly recommend buying this one.
I'm learning things, this is good stuff. I wonder how much difference between this Heston and my John Deere 1209. Thanks for the info.