Hesston Tractors

/ Hesston Tractors
Interesting, but I do not expect to have to replace a front axel......... I wish the other things needed were more easily sourced.

/ Hesston Tractors #12  
I have a Hesston 80 66. Has been a very good tractor so for. Almost 5000 hrs on it. Use it mostly for pulling round hay baler.

/ Hesston Tractors #13  
i have a 100-90dt in manitoba

/ Hesston Tractors #14  
I have one, a 90-90DT as Dead Horse said. I think it is an 86 model. Not too sure on that. The first two pictures were taken before I found where my grandfather hid the front and side panels for the engine compartment.

The last picture is of another Hesston I stumbled upon on one of my motorcycle rides. Saw it in a hay field so thought I'd ride up and take a pic. It has obviously had a hard life. Seems to be a 100-90 as well.

are you going to sell it?

/ Hesston Tractors #15  
Always fancied one of these 110-90 turbo's in ford colours..!

/ Hesston Tractors #16  
G'day your hesstons over there were sold as fiat over here parts are available through the new holland network or also vapourmatic if you have suppliers over there, as far as reliability goes i have seen several machines exceed 10,000 hrs without a prob engines seem to go on forever likewise the trans the worst thing is the cabs are prone to rust. If you look hard at the early new hollands and the last of the fords they are a fiat painted blue you can still see fiat ideas in some of the late model rear ends. All in all a good machine economical and long life suprised they did not sell more

Jon

/ Hesston Tractors #17  
Haven't seen a Hesston tractor for years in my area. Saw a few in the 80's when Hesston stackers, and hay machinery was at its peak in popularity. Where do you go for parts?
hey where do you live?

/ Hesston Tractors
Raised this thread from the dead............. My tractor has prox 3,000 hours on it and the clutch just gave up the ghost. Looking at TractorJoe in MN for parts........... splitting this thing is going to be a real treat!

/ Hesston Tractors #20  
Careful - there have been some bad reports on getting correct parts from them in a recent post somewhere here (TBN). I tried getting filter information form them (Kioti/Bobcat cross over) but they were too busy to look up what I wanted and never called back. My Bobcat dealer dropped their prices for me and others to match (10% or more if possible). Do a search on their name for yourself on the recent issues. Something about counter-fit filters if I remember correctly - I could be wrong.