Hey everyone!

/ Hey everyone! #1  

battle creek barry

I'm buying my first farm at the end of this month (April). It's a tiny farm of only 21 acres, but large enough that my little snapper mower won't be adequate for all the work that'll need doing. -Which brings me to another first; I'll be buying my first tractor and related implements very shortly, too. If anyone has any advice for a greenhorn such as myself, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks,
Battle Creek Barry
Springfield, Tn.

/ Hey everyone! #2  
Welcome and congratulations on the new place. My best advice is to look hard at what you want the tractor to do for you. Do you plan on planting crops, raise critters, finish mow, driveway grading, pasture mowing, haying.....you get the idea. Next what is you property like? Flat, hilly, wooded or swampy? And finally what brand dealers are in your area and which have the best reputation? Once you narrow that down it will be easier for people to recommend sizes and implements.

Welcome to the forum.

MarkV

/ Hey everyone! #3  
I'm buying my first farm at the end of this month (April). It's a tiny farm of only 21 acres, but large enough that my little snapper mower won't be adequate for all the work that'll need doing. -Which brings me to another first; I'll be buying my first tractor and related implements very shortly, too. If anyone has any advice for a greenhorn such as myself, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks,
Battle Creek Barry
Springfield, Tn.

Welcome to Tractorbynet and we hope you enjoy that farm. As for advice, a book could written on that. Come to think of it, such a book has been written.;) Written by our host here at Tractorbynet and called Compact Tractor Buying & Basics.

/ Hey everyone! #5  
Welcome to the forums Barry, though with a screenname like that I expected you to be up here in Michigan!

/ Hey everyone! #6  
Welcome Barry.
Congrats on your new purchase,and kick back enjoy the home work. :)

/ Hey everyone! #7  
Congrats on the new place. I wish you much success.

Have some Real Fun.

/ Hey everyone! #8  
Welcome...:)

/ Hey everyone! #10  
Welcome Mr. Tenn.. Enjoy all the fun