Hey folks

/ Hey folks #1  

jrbarnard

Bronze Member
Tractor
None
Just introducing myself. New to the forums. I have a 330-ish acre ranch in SW Texas.. mostly hunting, but also just a get away place.

Built a nice cabin there, and we can ALWAYS find work that can use a tractor.

Debated getting a bobcat.. but good lord, not in the budget.. heh

HEAT is our biggest problem, so will be looking at tractors with cabs.. heh

Hope to learn a lot on the site and maybe make a few new friends.

Thanks!

Russ

/ Hey folks #3  
JR- A Big Texas Howdy. A cab on a tractor would be nice but after a little time working on the tractor in the Texas Heat you can't wait to get that first "Iced Beverage" that makes it all worthwhile. Besides a little sweat will work the meanness out of ya' and keep those muscles loose, too.

Besides, tractors have an unlimited list of attachments and that's where the fun is.

Welcome Aboard.

Charlie

/ Hey folks
JR- A Big Texas Howdy. A cab on a tractor would be nice but after a little time working on the tractor in the Texas Heat you can't wait to get that first "Iced Beverage" that makes it all worthwhile. Besides a little sweat will work the meanness out of ya' and keep those muscles loose, too.

Besides, tractors have an unlimited list of attachments and that's where the fun is.

Welcome Aboard.

Charlie

Lol! My wife makes sure to work the meanies out of me :p

I have been told that the bees in our area are very hard to get away from if you happen upon their hive, hence why it was suggested to get a cab, more than for the A/C.. heh. The A/C was just a cool bonus, no pun intended.

I am still looking right now. My biggest issues are knocking down cedars on the ranch and putting in a fence. I figured I could save myself money, over time, to add the fence myself, and also have some fun doing it.

I may opt to bring the cost down and get one without a cab.,... just daydreaming right now. Hope to be able to actually BUY one in a few months.

Russ

/ Hey folks #5  
I think the Cab is a great idea. I just got my first Cab Tractor have since put about 55 hours on it did not think I was going to like or really want the cab Much but found a deal on it I couldn't pass up. And I'm telling you so far I wouldn't have it any other way. The ac option will make it so you won't mind working on your tractor on those days that you normally would be just sitting in the house.

/ Hey folks
That was what I was thinking ;) Get more use out of it on those non-windy 103 degree days at the ranch!

Russ

/ Hey folks #7  
That was what I was thinking ;) Get more use out of it on those non-windy 103 degree days at the ranch!

Russ

A cab would be great but I have to many trees here in East Texas. I would have broken out all the glass in the cab..........and that ain't cheap. A good friend an neighbor swears by his cab as he is allergic to bee stings.

Charlie