Hey Wallace are you still happy with the new truck?

/ Hey Wallace are you still happy with the new truck? #1  

Baranx4

Gold Member
I was curious to see if you were still happy with the truck and how it was running?

/ Hey Wallace are you still happy with the new truck? #2  
Yes I am very happy with my purchase..
It hasn't ran in a couple of months as we are really slow right now.
This truck was purchase to run long distance and heavy loads.
I have a F250 and our roll back that does most of our local deliveries.

/ Hey Wallace are you still happy with the new truck?
I guess the 250 will get better fuel mpg than the 450 with the differences in rear ratio. It's amazing how a little change in the ratio will effect MPG. I replaced my tires last summer and went up one size in diameter. It made a huge difference in MPG for the better by getting the engine RPM down a few hundred rpm's at highway speed. Sorry to hear about being slow, if you get a JD 4020 on trade give me a call.

/ Hey Wallace are you still happy with the new truck? #4  
Fuel mileage????
If the government hadn't stepped in we would still be getting 18-20 mpg on our new diesels.
The dpf is what's killing these new engines and making them so they are only getting 8-10 mpg's
I guess that's how they plan on selling more at the pumps with the higher cost of fuel.
Makes no sense to me...
Lets make something that won't last as long...
Let make it so it gets less fuel milage.
Let charge more for fuel.
Let make ultra low sulfur fuel so you will get less mpg
Ohh and we doing this and using 2 times the amount of resources..
Ya 2 times the amount of resources....:rolleyes:Guess that will help the green environment:rolleyes:

/ Hey Wallace are you still happy with the new truck?
I'm pretty lucky with my Duramax with MPG, seems they're hit or miss when it comes to mileage, Really affected by driving style. If it wasn't for all the emissions on the diesels they would probably be getting mid 20's with them now if not better. With the next changes in place people are going to have a urea tank for emissions with GM trucks not sure of the other two.

It's odd to see farmers adding sulfer to their fields now since they're not getting it in the air anymore. On a side note who would have thought you could pull so much weight with a pickup today compared to what was around before good turbo diesel pickups. Last year I used a friends 3500 series dump that had a 6.5 L in it. It really opened my eyes to the changes in power. It couldn't get out of it's own way.

/ Hey Wallace are you still happy with the new truck? #6  
Yeah I have to agree its a shame some of the controls that are being put on these new engines. They don't seem to be as reliable as the old ones and in the long run, like Wallace said, they use about twice as much fuel.

When I bought my Dodge I was ready to buy one of the new 6.7's. But, after talking to some early adopters and hearing their issues I opted to go with one of the very last 5.9s put into a new truck. It was manufactured the last month that they put them in trucks.

Maybe it will get better after some companies get the kinks worked out. However, from this standpoint we are turning out cleaner emissions per gallon burnt, but we are burning more gallons.....