%$#^&*(* HF rear hitch

/ %$#^&*(* HF rear hitch
Well....from my point of view, it's the hitch that's most of the problem. I realize some of the 3 point implements are going to be a bit different in dimensions (lotsa stuff was designed before these hitches came about).....but I can modify them to meet the hitch (and I will measure the implement purchase candidates before buying 'em). I just don't think I should have to grind 1/4 to 1/2" of material off the HF hitch to get it to fit on the lower pins....and that top link is pretty much useless. If they would just furnish the "adaptor" with the hitch instead of the worthless "top hook" that would solve the top link problem....of course I read you need to ream out some holes and grind to make that fit too....go figure.

I've developed alot of products in my time....and if I had shipped #$%^ stuff like this I would get it back from most folks pdq. I'm just sayin'...they coulda made this better without much more effort...and then I would be a happy camper. Those 3 point lower pins have been the same dimensions since I was a kid. You would think they could make the HF hitch fit the lower pins without allot of grinding...even if they just tried a little.:confused:

I'm just too tight to pay for the green painted model....in fact for that price I will wrestle the attachments on (my wife says I need the exercise anyway). :D

I guess you get what you pay for. (Second) rant over. :D

/ %$#^&*(* HF rear hitch #12  
I understand the concept and think I would have a Quick Hitch of some sort if every implement fit the same. One of the things I love about my Kubota is the telescoping 3ph arms. Until they standardize the way 3ph implements fit I will stick to the telescoping arms. Everything fits. Just get close and your home free. IMHO this should be a standard feature on all tractors.

/ %$#^&*(* HF rear hitch #13  
I don't believe the hitch is the problem so much as different implement manufacturers use slightly different 3 pt. dimensions/designs. My neighbor has i-match and even it wont work with all after market implements.

Agreed its not the Hitch's fault...BUT at the same time, Every one of my attachments thus far has fit my iMatch right off the bat.... Woods BB, Blizzard Snowblower, FIL's Tiller....
The way I see it is all the higher end stuff is to spec...all the Woods, Land Pride, and such are all QH compatible...

Buying the "financially cheaper" attachments is like buying a HF Grease Gun...you're gonna have some work to do.... My dad spent the better part of a week going thru his attachments and modifying the ones which were home made or not to spec so they were all to "QH Spec"......Once its all done & said, you'll be happy not fighting attachments anymore.

/ %$#^&*(* HF rear hitch #14  
"Yep, I bought a used KK 6' back snow blade and tried to hook it up to the JD Imatch last night , it's a no go. I looked at it from every angle I could, ended up taking off the Imatch and connecting it right to the three point arms works great!"

This is how I solved that problem: made an adapter to go between the offending KK attachments (landscape rake and carryall) and the iMatch. The adapter also doubles as a receiver hitch mount and a regular drawbar.

Fortunately, I was able to get Frontier attachments for all my other stuff, and they are iMatch compatible out of the box. Well, except for the Wallenstein BX42, but it is also iMatch compatible.

Attachments

• 4-27-08 006 B.JPG
    4-27-08 006 B.JPG
    341.9 KB · Views: 255
   / %$#^&*(* HF rear hitch #15  
I bought a HF quick hitch and it really works great. It is holding up a tree out by the barn. I then bought a Pats easy change look alike on ebay. It is on a shelf in the barn (would not fit my hitch arms). I have now ordered a real Pats easy change with spreader bar. Sould be in Wednesday. I am thinking that it will work great. Look at all the money I saved buying all that bargain stuff. LOL big dan

/ %$#^&*(* HF rear hitch
"Yep, I bought a used KK 6' back snow blade and tried to hook it up to the JD Imatch last night , it's a no go. I looked at it from every angle I could, ended up taking off the Imatch and connecting it right to the three point arms works great!"

This is how I solved that problem: made an adapter to go between the offending KK attachments (landscape rake and carryall) and the iMatch. The adapter also doubles as a receiver hitch mount and a regular drawbar.

Fortunately, I was able to get Frontier attachments for all my other stuff, and they are iMatch compatible out of the box. Well, except for the Wallenstein BX42, but it is also iMatch compatible.

Hmmmmm.....reminds me of an old saying....."Fits just like a saddle on a sow"...:D just funn'in with you....whatever works!

/ %$#^&*(* HF rear hitch #17  
Yeah, it ain't pretty, but it works.

Attachments

• 4-20-08 001 B.JPG
    4-20-08 001 B.JPG
    498.9 KB · Views: 263
   / %$#^&*(* HF rear hitch #18  
Well....from my point of view, it's the hitch that's most of the problem. I realize some of the 3 point implements are going to be a bit different in dimensions (lotsa stuff was designed before these hitches came about).....modify

I guess you get what you pay for. (Second) rant over. :D

foggy,
I agree with you it's more the hitch that's the problem especially those bolts on the top J-hook, that just doesn't make sense would not fit in a JD rear blade or a Land Pride rake's upper link. These are not exactly off brand/odd ball implements.

I have an i-match for my newer machine, bought all the bushings and had to mod a few things on the implements but everything works fine now.
Then I wanted another QH for an older machine and didn't want to spend much so I got the $89. HF unit, of course it wouldn't work with the I-match compatible class 2 lower link bushings, didn't know that till after I bought it but this is understandable I guess. An hour of grinding later that's ok now.
Then the upper J-hook had to be cut on a bridgeport (still had some credit from my buddy after I gave him a bottle of Gray Goose for other machine work he did for me) to fit the 1.25" top link bushings, then those bolts were the icing on the cake, Yea you get what you pay for, I would have just spent the extra ching for another i-match had I realized how much work the discount unit would need.
JB.

Attachments

• DSCN2533.JPG
    DSCN2533.JPG
    976 KB · Views: 211
  • DSCN2526.JPG
    DSCN2526.JPG
    985.6 KB · Views: 177
  • DSCN2527.JPG
    DSCN2527.JPG
    996.1 KB · Views: 195
   / %$#^&*(* HF rear hitch #20  

That's the same problem I have with my Caroni Flail. The distance between the top and bottom links is not right, and I need to weld brackets on to make that height difference proper.

-Jer.