Hi from Mexico City

/ Hi from Mexico City #1  

metalworker

Hi all. Thank you for accept me in your community. My name is Alejandro Barrera. I like to share with all of you a pictures of my engine Wisconsin 1954 mod T F assembled in a generator welder Hobart mod GW-222 in almost complette restoration. Please go to Flickr: emynder's Photostream I hope you enjoy it. Thanks

Attachments

• P6300021.JPG
    P6300021.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 355
   / Hi from Mexico City #2  
Alejandro, welcome to the TractorByNet forums!

Wow! That is a beautiful restoration. Your photos are excellent.

How long have you been working on it?

What parts did you have to make? The rubber air intake pipe/hose? Any other parts?

Have you tried to use it yet?

/ Hi from Mexico City #3  
Nice job! I have the same basic engine sitting out in the garage under my staircase. Never paid much attention to it, as it is just another motor, but yours looks great! Maybe I need to get it out and get it started.
David from jax

/ Hi from Mexico City
Alejandro, welcome to the TractorByNet forums!

Wow! That is a beautiful restoration. Your photos are excellent.

How long have you been working on it?

What parts did you have to make? The rubber air intake pipe/hose? Any other parts?

Have you tried to use it yet?

Hi Mr. Ted. Thanks for enjoy the pics. The restoration has began since 5 years ago (september). The engine was found in very poor conditions. The engine parts was disassembled one by one ( I mean ALL) was cleaned carefully and I was thinking never can finish, but my customers and friends tell me GO AHEAD. I haven't pics from the beginning because this project was a simple game for me. The choke area has been modified from the original specs and in his place I was adapted a shutdown switch The rubber pipe is used in a radiator cooler from any kind of engine, just was cutted to exactly size for good look. Of course the engine runs fast and very very well. The welder generator works at 100% for any kind of welding test. Daily I run the engine for get ready when somebody want come to see it and test it

/ Hi from Mexico City
Nice job! I have the same basic engine sitting out in the garage under my staircase. Never paid much attention to it, as it is just another motor, but yours looks great! Maybe I need to get it out and get it started.
David from jax

Well, start the work is so difficult because don't know what parts of the engine you can repair or restore it, but after this is so easy if you have a porpouse for it. Hope you can make this and I can support to you in you need

/ Hi from Mexico City #6  
The choke area has been modified from the original specs and in his place I was adapted a shutdown switch .

I don't understand "shutdown switch". The "choke" reduced air flow to the carburetor. What does your "shutdown switch" do? I'm curious! :)

What other work do you do?

/ Hi from Mexico City
I don't understand "shutdown switch". The "choke" reduced air flow to the carburetor. What does your "shutdown switch" do? I'm curious! :)

What other work do you do?

Maybe you can't understand because my english is not very good. I like to say button switch off. The air flow get in very well because the choke control always is open. Just I use it for when the engine is in off process for keep gasoline in valves area for easy start again. I'm a welder man since 1985 and I work for my own. If you want to know about my next project this will be a restoration of an antique welder generator ASEA. When I get the pics I will send it for you

/ Hi from Mexico City #8  
A before and after picture would be great.

As far as my motor, it will probably just stay under the staircase till somebody needs it. I probably won't ever need it, just hated to send it to the scrap yard
David from jax

/ Hi from Mexico City
A before and after picture would be great.

As far as my motor, it will probably just stay under the staircase till somebody needs it. I probably won't ever need it, just hated to send it to the scrap yard
David from jax

You are not the only one who's ask for the pics before. Unfortunatelly I haven't because in the beginning of this project it was just a game for me. This is the first engine I restore. As tell you before start is so hard when you see your engine so dirty, knocked and all about of scrap yard engines that you can say: This scrap will never works。 but the time was running and you can watch the progress of the restoration. This is the reason why I'm not take pictures. I'm not worried because there are so many people who's can testify the project. It will be a shame if you want to send to scrap yard your engine. Maybe in your community are somebody who's wish take the challenge of repair your engine. I think the old engines are so much better than new engines

/ Hi from Mexico City #10  
Maybe you can't understand because my english is not very good. I like to say button switch off. The air flow get in very well because the choke control always is open. Just I use it for when the engine is in off process for keep gasoline in valves area for easy start again. I'm a welder man since 1985 and I work for my own. If you want to know about my next project this will be a restoration of an antique welder generator ASEA. When I get the pics I will send it for you
metalworker,

Your English is much better than my Spanish/Mexican!

In English, "switch" has several meanings. As a noun (thing) it usually means an electric switch.

Please post pictures of your next restoration project when you have them.