Hi/Lo cable replacement

/ Hi/Lo cable replacement #1  

deereboy1

Tractor
Steiner 440 32 hp kubota gas
Good morning, Thanks for having me. Brand new to the forum but a previous Steiner 430 Max 25HP Kohler owner and currently have a 440 32 Kubota Gas.

Has anyone replaced the hi / lo range cable on this unit and is there an install manual or description of how to replace the cables and adjust them properly. My hi range cable broke, I purchased a replacement. The cable seems to be a little short and makes a sharp angle at the point between the bulk head standoff and the end of the lever that actuates it. I understand Steiner's effort to use one lever to shift both the hi cable and the low cable at the same time eliminating operator error but this system just isn't working out for me. I can't seem to adjust the cables so they pull/push at the same rate to shift between hi an lo. The individual levers on my 430 where simple to use and straight forward, move the lever to hi and you were in hi, move the lever to low and you were in low. Repeat that same action at the other axle and you were good to go. If you made a mistake and had the front in hi and the rear in low it was because you didn't pay attention to detail. The new single lever, operating both cables, if out of adjustment could leave one axle in hi, the other in low range or even in neutral, leading to no 4 wheel drive or mismatch of drive range between front and rear axle and a catastrophic and expensive failure.
Any help or suggestions would be helpful.

Deereboy1
Steiner 440 gas
John Deere 4310 TLB
Massey 135D
John Deere 1520
John Deere X738
John Deere 520W
Massey Harris Ferguson 50 Pristine