Hi new guy with blown up bx2200

/ Hi new guy with blown up bx2200 #1  

Kabota sucks

Tractor
Bx2200
Hi I need advice help please. I have a 2005 bx2200 with a d905 diesel three cylinder 1876 hours and the front piston cracked in half top half scratched the head bottom half scored the cylinder into the water jacket. What to do. I'm broke have kids got into a bad car wreck just had my third surgery Wednesday. The remainufactured ones I see are 2800 the two local machine shops do not work on kubota the kubota dealer says he has never heard of this and wants me to get a new engine. I need cheap. Are there after market off brand Diesel engines that will fit in the same way? Where do I look for a used engine ? I sure will appreciate all your advice I am going to hate seeing this tractor sit and rust in the back yard. Thanks

/ Hi new guy with blown up bx2200 #2  
Too bad to hear about the piston. Your BX must be a 2003 model. BX2200 was not made in 2005.
As to repairing, boring and putting in a sleeve would be the route if the water jacket has been compromised.

No substitute would likely fit as the engine/frame were designed specific for that model.
You may be able to get a used engine if someone trashed the trans/differential housing.
The scratch to the head is not much of an issue if it did not effect the valves.

/ Hi new guy with blown up bx2200
Ok Ty I'm trying to follow leads on a machine shop to send it to any idea what I could expect to pay for that kind of machine work ? Ty

/ Hi new guy with blown up bx2200 #4  
You will need to look locally to find a shop.

/ Hi new guy with blown up bx2200 #5  
Sorry to hear about your issues. Like Dave, I'm thinking it should be a straight forward fix too. A 22hp engine should be able to fit on any bridgeport or small horizontal mill. If you tore it apart and brought an empty block I'd bet someone could bore it and do a nice job for $250-$350 (depending on set up time). Bore it, sleeve it, bore it again, hone it and deck the block all in one set up.

Ok thanks for the info the two local machine shops say no they do not do it and I'm working with the local car quest that usually does it but there machine guy has left so they send their stuff out I'm trying to get a price from them . I sure wish I could find a used one there is one from a light plant on eBay for $350 but the guy wants $420 to ship it to me and no garantee it runs only that it turns over. I'm so frustrated and sad I can't use my tractor the grass is getting long no more gardening etc. it sucks. Ty for the advice

Car quest said they can send out the block n head it will be about $1,000 that's not a good deal in my opinion . I need to find a used one if anybody has any leads maybe one from a light plant that is working but the light part is bad. Anyone