High Gasoline Prices Getting to You???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / High Gasoline Prices Getting to You??????? #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
If the high price of gasoline is getting to you, don't think that it isn't getting to the station owners also. With the price of gasoline skyrocketing, they have to purchase new signage for the top of the pumps and for the lighted signs. A novel new solution to this age old problem has been found by the Petroleum Marketers & Convenience Store Operators Group. The fuel dispensing pumps are all going to be changed to meter the gasoline in pints & cents, rather than gallons & dollars. If you are presently paying $3.00 per gallon, in the future, you will be paying 37.5 cents per pint. This change is estimated to work for at least 2 more years. It isn't know exactly what the oil companies will do then, but one suggestion is that they can then start selling it by the cup, and after that, by the spoonful.

© Junkman® News Services 2005
All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Junkman® content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Junkman®. Junkman® and the Junkman® logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Junkman® group of companies around the world.

/ High Gasoline Prices Getting to You??????? #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Junkman®... )</font>

Republication ? What about Democatation? Or Demonizing? *are they the same thing..?

/ High Gasoline Prices Getting to You??????? #3  
<font color="blue"> ( With the price of gasoline skyrocketing, they have to purchase new signage for the top of the pumps and for the lighted signs ) </font>

Why is this? The signs that display the price are individual digits -- I believe they have 3's laying around as well as the 2's that they are using now for the dollar digit -- unless I am missing something.

/ High Gasoline Prices Getting to You??????? #4  
I am still confused abouth the 9/10ths of a gallon stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I guess you all have noted IF you have really good control of your hand, you can squeeze a dribble or two out of the pump without increasing your cost per tenth.

Just think of it as pulling one over on the oil industry. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ High Gasoline Prices Getting to You??????? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Why is this? The signs that display the price are individual digits -- I believe they have 3's laying around as well as the 2's that they are using now for the dollar digit -- unless I am missing something. )</font>

Double digit on the dollar side of the decimal point?

/ High Gasoline Prices Getting to You??????? #6  
on another note...not that i lack great sympathy for gas station owners. why has gas gone up over a dollar in one year? we can't just blame opec, they don't provide all our oil. there seems to be no competition when it comes to oil. it seems it used to be that when gas went up .10 and everyone started complaining, it would go down bit and stay there for awhile. this last year though it's just kept going up and until recently, not alot of noise is being made about it. just my perception, could have nothing to do with reality. still i feel like we've all gotten addicted to this stuff called oil, and now our hook up can charge whatever he wants.

/ High Gasoline Prices Getting to You??????? #7  
<font color="blue">( there seems to be no competition when it comes to oil. )</font>

That is the reality of it. There really is NO economical alternative to oil, even if gas is $4 per gallon, it is still going to be cheaper than any alternative that is available. It is the only option that has nationwide distribution. Natural Gas is available in some areas, but has not been successfully used in vehicles that are not centrally fueled. Ditto Propane. Both, when retrofitted to vehicles are not able to drive the distances that we can drive with gas, requiring far more tank filling. Hydrogen fuel cells may never become practical in real world use for vehicles but may end up being viable for home heating/energy. Building codes still don't require superinsulation or even stress efficiency by requiring insulated windows. We have a long way to go and people will resist paying more for houses & vehicles that may not have a financial payback that makes any sense.

/ High Gasoline Prices Getting to You??????? #8  
It is getting to me for sure regular unleaded this morning jumped $0.61 a gallon .Now $3.089 . How's that for gouging? /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ High Gasoline Prices Getting to You??????? #9  
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I love good cinicism/sarchasm. Sign of a good mind at work.

Steve

/ High Gasoline Prices Getting to You??????? #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( this morning jumped $0.61 a gallon )</font>

Ouch, and I thought it was bad here when it went up 15 cents yesterday and another dime today to $2.759.

Status
Not open for further replies.