High/Low Beams

/ High/Low Beams #11  
My Case IH 385 has rectangular sealed beam light with three wires going to them, just like an automobile.

Maybe check the wires feeding the lights, three wires should indicate hi/lo beam bulbs.

/ High/Low Beams #12  
geneP said:
My Case IH 385 has rectangular sealed beam light with three wires going to them, just like an automobile.

Maybe check the wires feeding the lights, three wires should indicate hi/lo beam bulbs.

Yes sounds like genuine high/low beams on that one. Have not worked on one with them though, and not really sure why one would need them. The old tractors just had bright/dim with one filiment in the bulb.
Ben

/ High/Low Beams #13  
I checked my new DX55 lights, and they are the same as agfords. 3 switches total, with the worklights switch in place of the highbeam switch. Only a hazard switch to the right of the steering column, with a blank in the dash where the manual shows a worklight switch.
I'm suprised they still show it this way, since my manual is for the new version DX55 (after 2/07), and the manual is a 2/2007 revision.

/ High/Low Beams #14  
After seeing some tractors working the fields looking like a UFO landing, I would guess you have one beam pattern for driving on the road and the rest for illuminating the fields. A wide tractor with glaring headlights could be a real problem on the road, but you need lots of light in a wide area when working.