hiring someone to make hay

/ hiring someone to make hay #21  
Normally break it down

$16 - acre mowing
$12-acre raking
$6-7 per bale for baling

Some just prefer to pay $75/hour for the whole job
I used to cut and bale for one neighbor (35 acres). I charged him $10 per acre to cut, and $15 per bale to rake and roll. The last time I did it, I rolled 55 4x5 rolls. $1175. He decided to get someone else to do it, because I charged too much. Fine by me. I didn't really want to do anyone else's hay to begin with.

BTW, his "bargain" hay man hasn't made it by yet. The grass is dead on top and full of weeds. Should be real "quality" stuff. LOL

I've already put up two cuttings and should cut again soon.

/ hiring someone to make hay #22  
we hired a guy to cut all of our hay the 1st cutting for $8 a bale this year.but i doubt if he made any money as his tractor lost the clutch.and he had to come get 1 of our tractors to finish cutting with.needless to say he went and bought him his 1st new cab tractor after that.

/ hiring someone to make hay #23  
Depends on who pays for fertilizer. I think I can get mine cut, raked and baled for $27 a bale. If I cut it myself, he'll come rake and bale for about $18 per.

/ hiring someone to make hay #24  
I mow rake and bale for $14.00 a roll 4x5 800 lb. rolls. That's the higher end of the going rate around here.

/ hiring someone to make hay
About 28 acres need done. the guy reduced his price some, but still high. no trash in the fields, have made hay in these fields for 50+ yrs. we told the guy to go ahead. bales will be 4x5, 1000#. trying to get my dad to stop raising cattle.

/ hiring someone to make hay #27  
   / hiring someone to make hay #28  
if and i said if we was going to go back to custom baling for people it would be $35 for a 5 by 6 bale.and a $105ac min.our bales would be equal to 2.5 4 by 5 bales.