Hitch information??

/ Hitch information?? #1  

easternhunter

Tractor
Kubota BX24
What is the category of the 3 point hitch on the Kubota BX 24D or BX 25C?

Any place I can find drawings of the hitch with the important dimensions? (width between holes, lift height, etc)

Thanks!

/ Hitch information?? #2  
Considered category 1 hitch on these models.

/ Hitch information?? #5  
What is the category of the 3 point hitch on the Kubota BX 24D or BX 25C?

Any place I can find drawings of the hitch with the important dimensions? (width between holes, lift height, etc)

Thanks!

Where is your owners manual? If you lost yours or previous owner didn't give it to you; Kubota sells them. Most of this info is in there except the dimensions you asked about. Easy to measure that when it is assembled.

Ron

/ Hitch information??
Sorry to ask what are obviously questions of the uninformed.

The tractor is used. Manual did not come with it. One was purchased and literally arrived by UPS today. The tractor was fitted at the factory with an FEL and a B/H. The parts to complete the hitch had also been lost in the course of time. A very, very helpful Kubota dealer that is an advertiser here helped me determine which hitch kit was appropriate and it too has been ordered.

I was asking abt the dimensions so that I could find a plow to use on my little place that fit the hitch. Hate to buy something that won't fit as a result of my ignorance.

Folks have been most helpful ... and it is much appreciated.

/ Hitch information?? #7  
Sorry to ask what are obviously questions of the uninformed.

The tractor is used. Manual did not come with it. One was purchased and literally arrived by UPS today. The tractor was fitted at the factory with an FEL and a B/H. The parts to complete the hitch had also been lost in the course of time. A very, very helpful Kubota dealer that is an advertiser here helped me determine which hitch kit was appropriate and it too has been ordered.

I was asking abt the dimensions so that I could find a plow to use on my little place that fit the hitch. Hate to buy something that won't fit as a result of my ignorance.

Folks have been most helpful ... and it is much appreciated.

Sorry I got your dander up, did not mean too. Qualifying your situation when asking questions sometimes helps us in giving a good answer. It is amazing we get questions from a first time user and they have never opened the manual they got with it. Maybe a lesson learned here is what I do when buying anything used, no manual, first thing I do is get one.

On your plow question, any plow that is Cat 1 should fit OK as there is a lot of latitude in the 3PT hookup for dimensions. If you use a quick hitch (QH) then the tolerances are tighter and the implement has to be a QH ready unit or it may require modifications. I bought all new in the beginning so did not get into matching things up. I have a QH. Have bought a couple used implements and I had to modify them.

On the plow thing; SCUTs like ours are really not plow tractors. Plows use a lot of HP and will tend to ride up as the 3PT has no hydraulic down pressure; it depends on weight and angle to dig in. You need to explain what you are trying to do with a plow in a new thread and get some ideas from those that use them. I do not, I find the 3PT rototiller does my garden fine and a disc unit works fine for prepping open areas for seeding pasture grass.

Sorry again, Ron