Hithchy Hydraulics L4310

/ Hithchy Hydraulics L4310 #1  

dspyker

I have a 2000 KUBOTA L4310GST 4 X 4 Drive, 6-Way Top & Tilt Hydraulic Package with a Model La681fl Frontloader

The Frontloader has developed problems with the raise-lower control

When I got the tractor 2 mos ago it had a dead spot on the raise control

More recently it will occasionally lose all raise-lower control for a spell (1-3 min)

I'm guessing that hydraulic valve is bad & I would like to try to replace it myself

I have no manuals for the machine & would like to buy & download them -- are Owners, Parts & Repair manuals available for download?

- puzzled in camus, wa

/ Hithchy Hydraulics L4310 #2  
there is a parts manual online at kubotabooks.com

/ Hithchy Hydraulics L4310 #3  
Have you changed the hydraulic fluid and filter? I doubt your trouble is in the valve. As long as it works freely and is not leaking, I would think it would be fine. It is possible that you have a problem with your fluid or filter, or both. I am not sure about your model, but it could have a filter and a screen pre-filter. If so, you need to check both. If either is stopped up, it will block the fluid from getting back to the pump. If the fluid cannot get to the pump, then fluid cannot get to the valve, which means your loader will not work properly. Drain a little fluid out of the housing. If it is milky looking, that means it has water in the fluid and it and needs to be changed. If it is really dark, then it is dirty, or the fluid has been scorced. Scorced fluid is created when a restriction of some type happens in the hydraulic system, usually froom dirty fluid clogging the filter. The pressure build up creates heat, which will "burn" your fluid. This also creates air bubbles in the fliud. I have seen this happen in older Ford tractors. Once the fluid gets warm, the air bubbles come out, the lift will not pick up anything. So if your fluid is not really clean looking (like new motor oil), change it. Let me know what you find out.