Hole in muffler

/ Hole in muffler #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I was doing the usual checks this morning and noticed the black stain on the hood. Closer examination showed a small hole in the end cap weld of the muffler. It's not rusted through (nothing rusts out here in the desert). It looks like an incomplete weld or was intentionally left open.

I could understand a little hole in the bottom of the muffler to let condensation drain out, but why in the top?

It's an easy fix, but has anyone else seen this?

Attachments

• Leak-1.jpg
    Leak-1.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 182
  • Leak-2.jpg
    Leak-2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 174
  • Leak-3.jpg
    Leak-3.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 184
   / Hole in muffler #2  
That hole looks to have been punched in with some sort of sharp object. I would just weld it up and put some high temp paint on it. I have never seen a hole left in a tractor muffler like that at least not on purpose.

/ Hole in muffler #3  
Orezok,

I don't know how to break this to you ... but I think your tractor has been abducted by Aliens ... classic "probing".

Is it glowing? just asking?

hehehe

Tractor on

/ Hole in muffler
Orezok,

I don't know how to break this to you ... but I think your tractor has been abducted by Aliens ... classic "probing".

Is it glowing? just asking?

hehehe

Tractor on

I'm not surprised. I'm pretty sure my dog is an alien. At least she went to alien school before arriving here!

/ Hole in muffler #5  
If you have welder hammer use pointed end to test both ends weld...yet to see anything as such.

/ Hole in muffler #6  
Looks like the weld robot missed a spot.

10 seconds with a grinder, 5 seconds with a welder then some paint and it should be good to go. High temp flat black.

/ Hole in muffler
Looks like the weld robot missed a spot.

10 seconds with a grinder, 5 seconds with a welder then some paint and it should be good to go. High temp flat black.

That's what it looked like to me also.

/ Hole in muffler
JB Weld can only withstand 500 degree temperatures long term. I have some muffler cement that would do the trick.

/ Hole in muffler #10  
Could that be a bullet hole?