Holy Cow.......Where am I? In the Pit!!!!!!

/ Holy Cow.......Where am I? In the Pit!!!!!! #11  
Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the poop
Merrily, merrily, merrily
Life is but a stinking dream!

In the mid 80's a local dairy farmer back home in Ohio started the spring cleaning of the pit. Hired man was climbing off the NEW CaseIH that was running the auger. Somehow through either a mechanical malf or an oops on the feet, the parking break came off. It started back just folding up the auger. This tractor was about an 80-90 hp with cab. It completely disappeared, cab and all. They pumped and hauled with neighbors help for a week 'til they got down to where they could hook on a winch. But then the large wrecker started heading into the pit as well. Bigger tractor hooked onto the wrecker, and dragged it all out. After flushing all fluids, cleaning engine (inside and out), the only damage that had to be repaired was to the plastic painted components. The paint was gone. It started up and ran fine, still in use on the farm to this day.
The tractor was bought on a 9 month no payment no interest. A payment hadn't even been made yet. Could you imagine being the hired man having to tell the boss. "Ya might wanna set down for this."

Nick

/ Holy Cow.......Where am I? In the Pit!!!!!! #12  
Must be something about those 4wd Jeeps... I remember barely making it through 1 ft+ of liquified cow sludge I somehow failed to notice while traversing a cornfield in my dad's new '63 Wagoneer many years ago. He never could figure out what happened to the new car scent of his pride and joy, but knew I had something to do with it. I ran the thing through the carwash several times and spent hours trying to hose away the goo, but it smelled for months. Thankfully, it was fall, and by spring the worst aromas had faded.