Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV?

/ Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV?
Well....driving through all the floods(we had 5) this winter killed the starter. American Landmaster wants $793 for a new one{cough}. Yeahhhh, that's not happening, so I took it to my local auto parts store and they matched it to a Mitisubushi type starter....$125 shipped.

All in all it has been a good machine but I want something faster on the pavement and a larger bed so I am going to clean it up and sell it, then buy the fuel injected Kawasaki Mule FX Pro. I drove one today and it was QUIET!!!

/ Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV? #182  
Good to hear from ya. The specs on that Kawi compare similar to my FIL's Gator XUV835M weight wise, and towing capacity.

I admit I was a Yamaha guy, but this gator rides so smooth across a bumpy field.

The more I look, I'm wondering if they share the same engine/CVT package???

/ Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV? #183  
All in all it has been a good machine but I want something faster on the pavement and a larger bed so I am going to clean it up and sell it, then buy the fuel injected Kawasaki Mule FX Pro. I drove one today and it was QUIET!!!
If I ever buy, I will be leaning towards a Mule too.
hugs, Brandi

/ Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV? #184  
When I was shopping the side by sides this summer the mule and deere used the same 3 cylinder Chinese Chery engine.

/ Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV? #185  
When I was shopping the side by sides this summer the mule and deere used the same 3 cylinder Chinese Chery engine.

It depends on the Gator. The 835 has the Chery engine, which seems to be a good engine. The 860 has an Italian built V-twin. Then there are also the diesels and low speed Gators.

Well the $125 starter was close, but no banana so I took the original one to a local guy that repairs them. $85 later I have a new looking starter that spools up smooth as silk. So I scrubbed the Bulldog down with shampoo and parked it out front of my place with a for sale sign on it. On Day 3 my neighbor called and wanted to drive it. They are older and only have a ATV which the wife did not want to drive at all. So we struck a deal for $2800 and they took their new to them UTV home. The Bulldog was 5 years old and we paid about $7500 for it w/options.

With my down payment in hand I went into 'aquire mode' on a Mule. Shopping around I found that the 2020 Mule Pro FX was already on the dealer lots and that the 2019's were going at a substantial discount even though they are the exact same machine. I also noticed about a $6-800 difference between the Pro FX and the Pro EPS(Electronic Power Steering). The Pro is a large machine, long and wide so power steering might be a wise choice. Everything I read said....'get the EPS'.

After wasting some time with a few low ball internet dealer prices that added over $2000 in fees I settled on a local dealership that had a 2109 EPS model on stock. Dealer had added a roof($300) and a solid windshield($500). It wasn't a folding windshield, so I had them remove it and I kept the roof. Total was $11,800 and we picked it up yesterday evening. All I can say is ....."wow". It's quiet, smooth, comfortable and the bed is ginormous....did I mention QUIET??

So now I just have to add a street legal kit(we can get tags for them here), seat covers(no burned buns), a windshield, winch mount plate(already have winch), a led light bar(already have) and we are in business.

/ Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV? #187  
Sounds like you got a great deal, the website shows a base price of $13,099

Like you, my FIL did not get the windshield. Now he wishes he did. I've been looking up AR polycarbonate sheets to make our own, and good grief, abrasion resistant sheets are expensive if you get 1/4" thick. So $500 with it all mounted is not a bad price. Not sure if windshield offered is AR or not, or how thick it is....

Hope you enjoy it.

/ Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV? #188  
Congrats on the Mule. It should serve you well. I just bought a Can Am Defender HD8 myself. Picked up a base model and added a windshield, power steering and a top. All up with the governor's ransom it was a bit over $12K. The EPS kit is on back order and I'm thinking of cancelling it. I added the EPS because I wasn't sure my wife could deal with manual steering with her orthopedic issues, but as it turns out the Defender is very easy to steer without the EPS. She has no problems with it. Overall, we're really happy with the Defender. I've only had it out on the road once, but it will have no problem running 45-50 mph. If I need to run over to Rock Hill for diesel for the tractor it will not be a problem. (We live just over the mountain from you ;-) ) UPS should be showing up this evening with mirrors, license plate bracket and the turn signal kit (plus the $4 do-hicky to disable the seat belt nonsense) and I pick up the top and windshield tomorrow. We've had it all over the place already and I'm really impressed by how easily it came up the ridge behind the house. I think it will be a good addition.
Defender.jpg

Hey, congrats yourself...nice looking machine! Yep, shopping mirrors now.....too many choices and bad reviews;(

Sounds like you got a great deal, the website shows a base price of $13,099

Like you, my FIL did not get the windshield. Now he wishes he did. I've been looking up AR polycarbonate sheets to make our own, and good grief, abrasion resistant sheets are expensive if you get 1/4" thick. So $500 with it all mounted is not a bad price. Not sure if windshield offered is AR or not, or how thick it is....

Hope you enjoy it.

Shop ebay for a windshield. I have already learned that I don't want the one that folds at 50% since that leaves the hinge line right in the field of view. The one I am looking at has a 30% lower section so when folded the larger upper half does not inter-fear with line of sight. Also, beware that some will not fit if you have the factory roof installed.

Something like this:
KAWASAKI MULE PRO FX / FXT 215-219 FRONT FOLDING FOLD DOWN HARD WINDSHIELD | eBay

And yeah, I am considering building my own too...........