Home Depot

/ Home Depot #21  
Maybe they just thought Kubota orange didn't look good being made by John Deere/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Home Depot #22  
<font color=blue>"I think the reason I have entered the JD board is a function of the fact that I have a JD dealer within three (3) miles of my home while the Kubota dealer is quite a bit further"</font color=blue>

My local Kubota dealer is not only less than a mile from my drive but also an old HS classmate and I've NEVER entered the Kubota board. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Home Depot #23  
I didn't realize Kubota owners weren't allowed in the JD section. I never pay any attention what board I'm in unless I am the thread originator. I just look at last 24 hours and then flatten the threads I'm interested in.

/ Home Depot #24  
Alan, I'm SURE you didn't miss all of those little yellow icons on my post. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif I really wish Muhammad would come up with one for [tongue-in-cheek].

I happen to own green but looked at Kubota first. I think they make a fine machine. Unfortunately, with my height (especially leg length) and bad knees the HST rocker system was just to uncomfortable. Fortunately, then, I stumbled across a deal on a Deere that "fit" better.

For what it's worth, I called my Kubota dealer friend to ask about buying the Deere. He'll still get any and all of my service work.

/ Home Depot #25  
I talked to my local JD dealer and he said the Sabre and Scotts will go away. The new 100 series (old Sabre Line ??) at Home Depot is not the same as the 100 Series at the John Deere dealer. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Home Depot #26  
<font color=blue>...I really wish Muhammad would come up with one for [tongue-in-cheek]....</font color=blue>

/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

Hi Gary...!

/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Home Depot #27  
John,

I really thought that was more of a "tongue-out-of-cheek" icon like what we used to call a "raspberry" when I was a kid. At least that's what I'd used it to indicate. like when I got my new box blade from First Choice before TD ("Of course, I already have my box blade and TD doesn't." /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif ). Truth be told, even though we ordered about the same time, it came down to my home in Indiana being a heck of a lot closer to their manufacturing facility in Illinois than his home in Seattle. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Home Depot #28  
Alan, I do the same thing. There is no such thing as a "tractor I don't like." Some I just "like better!"

/ Home Depot #29  
I thought I was the only one who liked ALL tractors./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Home Depot #30  
cwave, it will be the exact same machine your deere dealer wil be selling.......

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Your territory manager

The Home Depot, Deere & Company announce agreement
to sell new series of John Deere lawn tractors

MOLINE, Ill./ATLANTA (June 17, 2002) - Deere & Company and The Home Depot, the world's largest home improvement retailer, today announced an agreement to sell an exciting new line of John Deere-branded lawn and garden tractors in the retailer’s more than 1,400 home improvement stores beginning early next Spring.
"The Home Depot has a proud history of providing our customers not only with the best service and prices, but with the best quality brands,” said Bob Nardelli, chairman, president and CEO, The Home Depot. “John Deere’s reputation for quality, product support and brand awareness is unsurpassed. We’re delighted to be their first ever mass retail partner for John Deere-branded lawn tractors.”
The agreement places John Deere-branded riding mowing equipment for sale in the mass channel for the first time in John Deere's history. Models of the new John Deere 100-series lawn tractors will be sold at The Home Depot and at John Deere dealers. The dealers will continue to sell John Deere's broad range of lawn and garden equipment. Additionally, John Deere dealers will provide support and service for lawn tractors sold both at the dealers and at The Home Depot.
"We believe this agreement is unique by offering a new line of quality John Deere lawn tractors in the mass channel with the renown service and support capability of John Deere dealers," said Robert W. Lane, chairman and CEO, Deere & Company. "We look forward to this powerful combination of The Home Depot and John Deere dealers."

(more)

Deere, Home Depot Page 2

Terms of the agreement were not disclosed but the companies said the new 100-series by John Deere replaces ScottsÒ tractors, which have been built for Home Depot by John Deere since 1998. The new 100-series lawn tractors will be offered in cutting widths from 42 inches to 54 inches with various horsepower ratings.
John Jenkins, president of Deere’s Commercial & Consumer Equipment Division, said, "By marketing the new 100-series John Deere lawn tractor simultaneously through Home Depot and our dedicated John Deere dealers, we will reach a wider range of consumers for both John Deere lawn equipment and the service and support capabilities of John Deere dealers. Based on this, we expect a significant increase in the number of lawn tractors sold both at The Home Depot and at John Deere dealers."
As part of the agreement, Deere said it would discontinue manufacturing the ScottsÒ brand and also eliminate the SabreÒ brand of lawn tractors sold through John Deere dealers. Deere said the new 100-series will be available at Home Depot stores and John Deere dealers for the 2003 selling season and will be manufactured at an existing facility in Greeneville, Tennessee.
"This is an exciting new opportunity for John Deere dealers, The Home Depot and for John Deere. This combination provides customers in the mass and dealer channels with the finest product and the best service and support available to customers anywhere," said Jenkins.

ABOUT JOHN DEERE
As the world's leading producer of equipment for agriculture and forestry, Deere & Company (NYSE: DE) creates smart and innovative solutions, in the form of advanced machines, services and concepts, for customers on the farmsite, worksite and homesite worldwide.
ABOUT THE HOME DEPOT
Founded in 1978, The Home Depot operates more than 1,404 stores in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean and is the fastest growing retailer in history. Fortune magazine named The Home Depot the number one Specialty Retailer for eight consecutive years, ranked number eighteen in the Fortune 500 and sixth Most Admired Company in America. The company’s stock is publicly traded (NYSE:HD) and is included in the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index.