Home made trailer dolly?

/ Home made trailer dolly? #11  
Here's another trailer tug. Not what you're looking for, just something to look at. I think I posted this link one other time. Scroll down to the last video. Look here; Videos - Media.
Al

/ Home made trailer dolly? #12  
This is an interesting topic. I have a very old airplane mover. It was a throw away that was given to me. I restored it to move my plane in and out of the hangar. Empty weight 2400lb. Loaded 3800 lb. It was doable but difficult to move manually.

So now I am selling the plane and the power tow was to be part of the deal. No longer. I do firewood work and started thinking the power tow could be used to haul wood out of the woods in tight places. Towing small trailers around would be a bonus. So now I am thinking a modification for this purpose is in order.

The unit is a 2 wheel, chain drive, with a forward neutral reverse transmission, 6.5HP, no brakes will have to think about that. So now my thoughts are to repurpose this unit for the farm.

/ Home made trailer dolly? #14  
How about the lady holding the drill?
Now that's an attachment.

If you use a worm drive reduction gearbox, you won't need a brake. Unless something snaps!

/ Home made trailer dolly? #15  
I can only assume the OP does not own a tractor if he is considering buying or building a device for moving trailers and vehicle around.
After all, this is a tractor forum. Get a tractor.

/ Home made trailer dolly? #16  
I also considered something similar, but ended up picking up a cheapo John Deere rear engine riding mower. I added a trailer ball to the back to move my 15 ft fiberglass ski boat. It moved it, but the wheelies were a dangerous issue pulling forward. I updated to a MTD 15.5 hp lawn tractor, and still had the wheelie problem. Front weights would have helped both situations.

I now use a 37 year old Ford Garden tractor as a trailer tug.

The wheelie problem is gone, even over the rough terrain in my yard. ( my dog likes to dig cool spots under the boat)

On a smooth floor, any little setup can move a trailer, but over any rough terrain at all, there is going to be a problem.
My thinking that on a rougher surface, a trailer dolly will try to walk out from under the trailer hitch unless the dolly had a large wheelbase.