Homebuilt grader

/ Homebuilt grader #1  

panamaguy

Silver Member
Tractor
kubotab7001 ... IHI NX15 excavator
Hi. I don't have one of these myself but saw one many years ago as I was driving a 31 ft motor home pulling a 30 ft enclosed trailer on my Canada to Panama move. Might be of interest to some. Met these guys in a gas station and they had taken a older skid steer, pulled the arms and bucket off, added a frame out front and a axle from a 3 to truck and built a small grader. They built small parking lots so a full size grader was too big. Look at a grader from the side and a slid steer from the side and you will realize the part a person would need to build to have your own small grader it would be a cool project for anyone with good welding experience. The hydraulics are supplied from the arms and bucket. Read articles on here were some have long driveways, this could be the answer and a fun project to build

/ Homebuilt grader
Sorry don't have photos. We were just fueling up at the same gas station. Just picture a grader and you will see the front part of the frame you would need to build. Me being a welder by trade it would be a easy and fun build. I think I would likely build the front main frame out of heavy wall 4x4 or 6x6 square tube 1/4. wall. A salvage front axle. And get a Mol board rolled at a shop and bolt on grader blades. Wish I had taken photos but did not. The owners said it worked fantastic for them

/ Homebuilt grader #4  
Spartan makes this one. At $16k it's too pricy for me.
I would be interested in making one but not permanently modifying my SS to one function only.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-04 070323.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-04 070323.png
    286.3 KB · Views: 96
   / Homebuilt grader
That is interesting but 16.g is a lot. They started with a old wreaked machine. He said it fell over with the bucket high and loaded and twisted the arms so they got it at a good price. I would not want to mod a good machine but finding a wreck up there should be fairly easy. wish I could find one here but have not yet

/ Homebuilt grader
Great. Now you can take contracts for those long roads. You are a pretty fart smeller... I mean smart feller. Post photos LOL

/ Homebuilt grader #8  
I've built this one for a tractor, you can put something like this on a skidsteer, just reverse the blade and wheels. It has all the functions that big road graders have, check the video on youtube.

Video link:

/ Homebuilt grader
Wow you did yourself proud. That is a beautifully done attachment . Yes that is the idea that I saw that company did on a old skidsteer. What was you profession in life

/ Homebuilt grader #10  
I've built this one for a tractor, you can put something like this on a skidsteer, just reverse the blade and wheels. It has all the functions that big road graders have, check the video on youtube.

Video link:
Awesome. Is there a build thread on this one?