Homemade Aluminum Diesel Fuel Transfer Tank-Fuel Cap/Weld-in Fitting?

/ Homemade Aluminum Diesel Fuel Transfer Tank-Fuel Cap/Weld-in Fitting? #11  
I would go with a bronze or brass female threaded cap for the tank. It wont gall to the threads like aluminum to aluminum would. I think if you look at truckers tanks, that is what you will find most of the time. I would just weld in a Schedule 80 aluminum pipe nipple with NPT threads on the end and cap with the bronze or brass cap. You could likely find a cap first then match the filler neck to your cap size. A straight side threaded cap with rubber gasket would be preferable to a tapered thread. You should be able to find those at a truck supply

/ Homemade Aluminum Diesel Fuel Transfer Tank-Fuel Cap/Weld-in Fitting? #14  
You could get a brass cap from a over the road truck tractor, and use a black steel pipe nipple the required length and a pipe coupler 2 inch in size and put the brass cap on that, the brass caps i am talking about have 4 soft soder blow plugs built right in the cap. In case of fire they will vent and hopefully prevent explosion. As far as that goes you could get a fuel tank from a tractor trailer you can get them in various sizes 55 gall , 100 gall and 150 gall, just be careful they are not corroded where the bolt on the truck or where they sit in the saddle of the tank mount. That would have the cap right with it.

Kenny kkegris@yahoo.com

/ Homemade Aluminum Diesel Fuel Transfer Tank-Fuel Cap/Weld-in Fitting? #15  
fillernecksupply.com has a lot of those. I've bought from them.