Homemade chute rotator perfected

/ Homemade chute rotator perfected #11  
My set up is similar for rotation, works slick and has served me well for over 5 years now.
Another mod I made was to fabricate plastic chute guides to replace the metal ones that were factory installed as the metal ones created too much friction.
I also made a large plastic washer for the chute to sit on as metal sliding on metal is not exactly as smooth as I wanted.
I simply now add a few squirts of oil from time to time and my chute never freezes up.

To make your reverser switch yo need a spring loaded, center off DPDT switch.
You solder 2 opposite corners with a lead going to the motor and the other 2 corners also going to the motor.
The 2 center leads (lugs) are your power in.
Any good toggle switch rated at 10 amps or more will do just fine. Use 16 gauge wire and I fused with 15 amp fuse.

/ Homemade chute rotator perfected
OK, now I understand what you're doing.
Are you switching the motor current with those switches or is there a relay box somewhere??
Just those switches. The winches regularly draw around 5 amps,...in this application of course.

/ Homemade chute rotator perfected
My set up is similar for rotation, works slick and has served me well for over 5 years now.
Another mod I made was to fabricate plastic chute guides to replace the metal ones that were factory installed as the metal ones created too much friction.
I also made a large plastic washer for the chute to sit on as metal sliding on metal is not exactly as smooth as I wanted.
I simply now add a few squirts of oil from time to time and my chute never freezes up.

To make your reverser switch yo need a spring loaded, center off DPDT switch.
You solder 2 opposite corners with a lead going to the motor and the other 2 corners also going to the motor.
The 2 center leads (lugs) are your power in.
Any good toggle switch rated at 10 amps or more will do just fine. Use 16 gauge wire and I fused with 15 amp fuse.
16 gauge seems a little light to me but I guess it would work.
Yeah my chute already rides in plastic grooves. It's a Pronvost and it came that way.

/ Homemade chute rotator perfected #14  
If you're only using 5 amps then you might be interested in one of these. I put one on my chute rotator because the switches were difficult to operate with gloves on. This thing is a whole lot easier and would do all four directions in your setup.
JOYSTICK | AllElectronics.com