homemade clamp-on toothbar

/ homemade clamp-on toothbar #1  

onetrackmind

Tractor
Kubota BX1860
Thought that some of you might be interested in seeing my homemade clamp-on toothbar. No replaceable hardened teeth. Just flame-cut steel. But it is simple, easy to install, and very secure. Shown on my BX1860.

onetrack
Paris Ontario CANADA

Attachments

• toothbar1.jpg
    toothbar1.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 2,471
  • toothbar2.jpg
    toothbar2.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 1,752
  • toothbar3.jpg
    toothbar3.jpg
    508.8 KB · Views: 1,901
   / homemade clamp-on toothbar #2  
Thought that some of you might be interested in seeing my homemade clamp-on toothbar. No replaceable hardened teeth. Just flame-cut steel. But it is simple, easy to install, and very secure. Shown on my BX1860.

onetrack
Paris Ontario CANADA

Nice build, looks good. Unless you are digging a lot of rock it should last almost forever. :thumbsup:

In the first picture it looks like your bucket needs a repair. Think I'd fix that before doing much digging.

Have Fun

/ homemade clamp-on toothbar #3  
Nice build. Someone has access to a CNC table :).....Mike

/ homemade clamp-on toothbar #4  
Very nice!!!! I have been looking at my bucket wondering how to attach a tooth bar, you just solved it for me.

/ homemade clamp-on toothbar
You can see from the attached images, how the toothbar is locked on. The clamp-bars on top only need to keep the leading-edge protector, and the rear underside retaining bars in place. When in place, they take all the load and self lock pretty well.

I have used it for a fair bit of hard digging in our soil, which is sandy with fist sized gravel mixed in. So far, it has never shifted, and has always been easy to remove.

If anyone wants more details, I would be happy to post them.

onetrack
Paris Ontario CANADA

Attachments

• ToothBar1.jpg
    ToothBar1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 812
  • ToothBar3.jpg
    ToothBar3.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 823
  • ToothBar4.jpg
    ToothBar4.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,041
   / homemade clamp-on toothbar #6  
I would LOVE details. I see you are in a solid model program. A STEP file would be amazing!
ac

/ homemade clamp-on toothbar
Update: Works well! I have been using the toothbar for digging rocky soil, moving gravel, uprooting small saplings. It stays put. It hasn't shifted, and hasn't needed tightening. The leading edge of the bucket is protected, and all remains straight and true.

OneTrackMind

/ homemade clamp-on toothbar #8  
looks great whish i had one on my l3400. i think it would make a work of difference.

/ homemade clamp-on toothbar #9  
OTM,
Can I ask how much did the materials cost you?
I think I know someone that could do the cutting for me but I have no idea how much it would cost for that size material. If I can afford to get the parts cut, I can then do the welding myself.
I guess I could try a scrap yard as well.