homemade grapple ???

/ homemade grapple ??? #1  

mlitt12345

Silver Member
Tractor
2005 Mahindra 4110
I got my homemade grapple finished and installed thanks to all the grapple how to's here at TBN, I have one problem, it opens and closes very fast, to fast to be exact. I believe I read somewhere that there needs to be a orifice installed. If so what size? Where should it be installed? Where can I order one at? Have had no luck with google lookup. Specs are 4110 Mahindra, 9 gpm hyd pump, 2350 psi sys max relief pressure, 2in hyd cyl with 8in stroke for grapple, grapple is controlled from rear remote. I will post a couple of pics also.............Thanks for any info........mlitt12345

/ homemade grapple ???
pic with bucket up and curled with grapple open......

Attachments

• 815792-mod3.JPG
    815792-mod3.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,275
   / homemade grapple ???
pic with grapple closed.........

Attachments

• 815796-mod2.JPG
    815796-mod2.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 983
   / homemade grapple ???
pic side shot grapple open.....

Attachments

• 815801-mod4.JPG
    815801-mod4.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 943
   / homemade grapple ??? #5  
Well done /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ homemade grapple ??? #6  
Nice job. (Sorry I can't answer your question.)

/ homemade grapple ??? #7  
Beautiful job. You might want to contact some of the guys with more hydraulic experience directly thru PM. I think PineRidge is one. Soundguy might know of others.

I hope you took some grapple building in progress photos that you can share. Did you fabricate the whole thing or just the neat attachment to the bucket?

/ homemade grapple ??? #8  
These folks are pretty good at answering questions, I have no idea what size you need. They offer one for only $.49. Or you can spend over $150 on some of the fancy adjustable flow restrictors too, if you check out more of their catalog.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/

These folks also are good, didn't have time to download the 7 meg catalog.....

http://www.princehyd.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1

--->Paul

/ homemade grapple ??? #9  
Great looking grapple, you did well.

Go to most any TSC and they have a hydraulic restrictor that costs about 4 bucks. I put one on our grapple and it really makes the movement much more controllable.

/ homemade grapple ???
Thanks for the replies, I helped design the grapple with alot of ideas I got from here TBN, But a good friend of mine did most of the torching and welding, I reckon you could say I was the gopher.....it works real well....except it opens and closes extremely quick, but I will put a restrictor (orifice) on it to fix that as pineridge and rambler said, now if I only had a TSC store around......looks like it will have to be ordered via internet.............mlitt12345