Homemade Kubota RTVX 1120Turbo Kit!

/ Homemade Kubota RTVX 1120Turbo Kit! #1  

sharpnavy65

Tractor
2014 Kubota RTV-X1120D
Wanted to show some pictures of my Homemade GT15 Turbo Kubota RTVX 1120.

Attachments

• 20190510_214415.jpg
    20190510_214415.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 221
  • 20190510_214443.jpg
    20190510_214443.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 390
  • 20190510_214457.jpg
    20190510_214457.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 287
   / Homemade Kubota RTVX 1120Turbo Kit! #2  
You’re about to live your life a quarter mile of grass at a time!

In all seriousness, that looks pretty nice. Any idea what the gains will be? How will you deal with engine management and tuning?

/ Homemade Kubota RTVX 1120Turbo Kit! #3  
Really cool. Have you got to try it out much?

What did you set the waste gate at?

/ Homemade Kubota RTVX 1120Turbo Kit!
Youæ±*e about to live your life a quarter mile of grass at a time!

In all seriousness, that looks pretty nice. Any idea what the gains will be? How will you deal with engine management and tuning?

I removed one shim from the injection pump and maxed the injectors out. Running 10 psi boost. About to run a egt sensor to see the temp. Runs good. Not much faster on top end. Lots of torque now.

Really cool. Have you got to try it out much?

What did you set the waste gate at?

I'm around 10psi boost. It runs good. Sounds like a mini turbo Cummins. Top speed is not much faster. It has lots of torque now.

/ Homemade Kubota RTVX 1120Turbo Kit! #6  
I removed one shim from the injection pump and maxed the injectors out. Running 10 psi boost. About to run a egt sensor to see the temp. Runs good. Not much faster on top end. Lots of torque now.

Because you don't want to over rev your engine, top speed should be about the same. But the time it takes to get there should be awesome!

you could probably crawl up a cliff if you could get traction.

Last edited:
   / Homemade Kubota RTVX 1120Turbo Kit! #7  
Perhaps a dumb question, but is there something you could not do with your RTV before you upped the power?

I know with my BX tractor I spin the wheels well before running out of power. Upping the power would offer no benefit.

I get the MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS aspect...:thumbsup:

Perhaps a dumb question, but is there something you could not do with your RTV before you upped the power?

I know with my BX tractor I spin the wheels well before running out of power. Upping the power would offer no benefit.

I get the MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS aspect...:thumbsup:

I go to rock crawling offroad parks. Wheeling up hill the kubota seems to bog factory. I also lifted it 2" and running 30" tires. It just needed that extra torque to climb. I won't have that problem now. Plus it sounds awesome too.

/ Homemade Kubota RTVX 1120Turbo Kit! #9  
Makes sense that larger tires would require more power at the same speed as smaller diameter tires.

I can see clearly now...:D