Homemade quick attach

/ Homemade quick attach
The one question I have that I really cant figure out is it looks like your pins from the tractor side are staggered lower by an inch or two from what the bucket side pins are, whats the reason behind that?

edit- I think i answered my own question but, you must want the pins in the same plane when the bucket is level on the ground and the loader pins are the same height as the bucket pins would be correct?

/ Homemade quick attach #22  
The one question I have that I really cant figure out is it looks like your pins from the tractor side are staggered lower by an inch or two from what the bucket side pins are, whats the reason behind that?

edit- I think i answered my own question but, you must want the pins in the same plane when the bucket is level on the ground and the loader pins are the same height as the bucket pins would be correct?

Very likely the reason he did it that way. My Kubota one is like that, I presume for the same reason.

/ Homemade quick attach
Ok, thats a good thing to know. I found some pins from tractor supply with grab handles im going to use for the lower pins, problem is they are like 23$ a pop. For the upper pins that will stay in each bucket however I found they use 1 1/4 for the top link for cat3 3 point hitches ( I think?) and the useable length fits my bucket ears perfectly, and they are only 8$ a pop. Making progress. Im comin' off a week long vacation from appendicitis so this weekend i hope to start this project.

/ Homemade quick attach #24  
$23 each? Are they gold plated or come with someone to pull them for you? Wow, that's expensive.

For the top pins, check the price of bolts -- Grade 5 or better and long enough that you are only using the smooth part of the shank. Possibly a cheaper option. Don't bother with nuts, just tack them in place.

/ Homemade quick attach #25  
Ok, thats a good thing to know. I found some pins from tractor supply with grab handles im going to use for the lower pins, problem is they are like 23$ a pop.

I assume you're talking about this pin?
Hitch Pin, 1-1/4 in. dia. x 8-1/2 in. Usable Length - 0269094 | Tractor Supply Company

Agri Supply sells one, it isn't the same length but it's $17 cheaper. Not sure what shipping will be if you don't live close to one.
Hitch Pin with Clip Pin, Drop Forged | Agri Supply, 11888

/ Homemade quick attach
That may be the better way to go. I dont need all 8" of the pin thats for sure, just need a decent grab handle thats coated, the zinc is fine. I'll see what shipping is. I kept all reciepts!

/ Homemade quick attach #27  
That may be the better way to go. I dont need all 8" of the pin thats for sure, just need a decent grab handle thats coated, the zinc is fine. I'll see what shipping is. I kept all reciepts!

I live close to the Garner store so if you need me to stop by, not that I need a reason to stop by :D, I'm sure I can fit two into a small priority mail shipper which is around $6 to ship. I'm thinking of building a rake for my quick hitch that I built when I built my dethatcher awhile ago so I could easily pick up them up while I'm there.

DSC04230.jpg DSC04226.jpg

/ Homemade quick attach
I think I can get two pins from that link and have it shipped to me cheaper than one of the pins costs from tractor supply. Thanks for the offer though, i'll hit you up if they are nutso on the shipping, i know they do that sometimes. 12$ for the part and 25 to ship it. lol

/ Homemade quick attach #29  
Thanks for the offer though, i'll hit you up if they are nutso on the shipping, i know they do that sometimes. 12$ for the part and 25 to ship it. lol

I hate it when companies do that but that's the nature of ordering stuff online.

/ Homemade quick attach
Its around 14-15$ to ship. I bought 4 of these and the total came to about the same as only the two pins from TSC.