Homemade Road Grader

/ Homemade Road Grader #11  
Awesome job! and Welcome. :thumbsup:

/ Homemade Road Grader #12  
Great job, and excellent craftsmanship!! I'm sure it works great to top it all off. Thanks for sharing.

/ Homemade Road Grader #13  
Welcome to the forum. Nice build.

/ Homemade Road Grader
Thanks very much for the welcome!

I like coming on here and seeing what others have built and what works. My favorite implement here lately believe it or not is an ugly old slip/pond scoop. We get the sand and gravel from the "beach" down at the river where our property is located. It took a little over 500 trips over the river bank and back to build up the surface.

My biggest problem is I don't take enough pictures when we build something.

Once again. Thanks for the kind words.

/ Homemade Road Grader
Sweet..!! A man after my own heart, with the scrap pile build..!! What a lot of people see as "junk", is pieces/parts for a project such as this...

Don't Ya' love it when someone asks "Where did you get that..??" And you point towards the shop... I guess I inheireted from my pappy, the "gift" to see, just not what it is, but what it can be. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yup. I like going to the recycling yard just to pick through the scrap pile. I got my two blades for the road grader from two bent up grader blades at the recycling yard. One was like brand new just bent like a pretzel. So that kept build costs way down.

Do you build stuff too?

/ Homemade Road Grader #16  
Yup. I like going to the recycling yard just to pick through the scrap pile. I got my two blades for the road grader from two bent up grader blades at the recycling yard. One was like brand new just bent like a pretzel. So that kept build costs way down.

Do you build stuff too?

How did you straighten it?

/ Homemade Road Grader
How did you straighten it?

Oops! I wasn't very clear. I didn't straighten it I used it for parts. When I was looking for the blades for the road grader the yard had two. One old rusty one bent up with all sorts of crap welded to it for support and one that was a beast but the three point and swivel pad was twisted beyond repair. I picked both for $60 bucks and used the 5 foot blade just as it was and cut down the other blade and recycled all the unused parts. I still have the heavy duty blade support off the second one. I don't know what I'll use it for but it sure looks nice :).

/ Homemade Road Grader #18  
Love the build but I am confused. are the two little rods running across the bottom your blades? Or do you not have pix of the blades?

Sorry.... Great build, looking to copy it.

Carl

/ Homemade Road Grader #19  
Love the build but I am confused. are the two little rods running across the bottom your blades? Or do you not have pix of the blades?

221015d1310507841-homemade-road-grader-top-shot.jpg

I think those are warp stoppers, while welding the top pieces.

Bruce

/ Homemade Road Grader
I didn't realize I didn't post any pics of the blades. BCP is right when tacking it all together the welds will pull so we tack in braces to stop that from happening.

I'll post a pic of the blades.

Attachments

• Blades.jpg
    Blades.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 861
  • Blade Mount.jpg
    Blade Mount.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 809