HOMEMADE TRACTOR START

/ HOMEMADE TRACTOR START #1  

cranker

Well i have lurked here long enough with out posting anything so here it goes. I have always wanted to make a small tractor with a fel so after reading alot on here i have started.
So far it encludes the following stuff.

2.3 l Ford from 88 ranger
C4 from 81 mustang
9in rearend from an 79 ford f150 narrowed (5.14 gears and a spool)
5 gallon fuel cell
The rest was made in house.

Hope the pics work and please be gentle...

CIMG3418_6981.jpg

CIMG3420_6983.jpg

/ HOMEMADE TRACTOR START
Here is a close up of the header that i made for it.

CIMG3422_6985.jpg

Here is a close up of the spindle that i made for it. They are made from 2 1 1/4 trailer spndles that i welded to 1 3/4 x 1/4 wall dom tubing and then drilled a 1 1/4 hole through the tubing and then welded the other spindle in vertically. For the Spindles to attact to the axle i used 2 !in wide pieces of 2 1/2 in x 1/4 wall dom tubing to 2 in x 1/4 inch wall tubing this allowed me to put the tappered bearing it them and then tighten them up so the whole assembly turns on the bearings and then i just used 4 bolt trailer hubs for the wheels.

CIMG3424_6987.jpg

/ HOMEMADE TRACTOR START #3  
Very nice, I really like the spindles.
Keep the pixs coming.
DRL

/ HOMEMADE TRACTOR START #4  
Wow wish I could do something like that!!!! Keep da pics coming!

/ HOMEMADE TRACTOR START
Thanks for the kind words i will keep adding pics with the updates...

crank

/ HOMEMADE TRACTOR START #6  
Any idea how fast it will go in 1st gear @ 2500 rpm?

Looks great, keep the updates coming.

Dave.

/ HOMEMADE TRACTOR START
Thanks dave, i believe it will be around 12 to mph. I know its high but i got the gears cheap and figured i would start there. I wanted something in the 6's but figured i would work on those after its drivable and hopefully i can find a racer looking to get rid of some cheap...

/ HOMEMADE TRACTOR START #8  
Welcome to TBN. :)

Somethings tells me your no strangers when it comes to wrenching. ;)

Yes,do keep us updated. :)

/ HOMEMADE TRACTOR START #9  
What kind of hydraulics have you envisioned? A fan belt driven 12 v clutch operated hydraulic pump would work.

/ HOMEMADE TRACTOR START
J.J, sounds like we think alike...

Thomas, i have spun a wrech or two in my time. I am a auto parst warehouse manager for the past 17yrs thats why i used so many car parts on it. makes research time a little eaisier when you spen 10 hrs a day in a warehouse with over 3 million dollars in inventory.. lol