homesteader trailer dump motor won't operate

/ homesteader trailer dump motor won't operate #1  

disaster4

Tractor
kubota l3830
I have a2002 homesteader trailer and for some reason the motor won't turn. I have replaced the solenoid, battery, replaced the battery cables, and checked all the wiring. I tested the motor by hooking it straight to a battery charger and worked fine. I bought a 800 ca battery. Still can't get it to turn when hooked to the battery power. Any suggestions?

/ homesteader trailer dump motor won't operate #2  
You stated you "checked all the wiring". Does that mean you actually tested the individual up/down circuits and confirmed 12v is present to both the motor solenoid and the selected direction solenoid valve when both up and down is selected, or did you just "look at the wires"?

/ homesteader trailer dump motor won't operate #3  
If you are, in fact, getting 12 V as measured by a voltmeter on the motor, then I suspect that the motor is burned out and needs replaced.

/ homesteader trailer dump motor won't operate #4  
I have a2002 homesteader trailer and for some reason the motor won't turn. I have replaced the solenoid, battery, replaced the battery cables, and checked all the wiring. I tested the motor by hooking it straight to a battery charger and worked fine. I bought a 800 ca battery. Still can't get it to turn when hooked to the battery power. Any suggestions?

If it works when you attached a battery charger directly to the motor then you know the motor is good. You need to start from the beginning.

See if you have power at the switch. The switch provides 12 volts to the solenoid primary. If you have power at the primary then check the wires going to the motor. A lot of electric over hydraulic units will use the old Ford style starter solenoid. Negative on battery will probably go to ground. The positive will go to one side of the solenoid. Smaller primary wire will go to the switch. Other large cable on solenoid will go to the motor.

/ homesteader trailer dump motor won't operate #5  
Dirty ground at the solenoid will often cause this problems and only gets found after everything else is replaced... :-(

/ homesteader trailer dump motor won't operate #6  
Run another ground straight to the battery see what happens.