Honda FR700 rototiller stalls after a minute or two. This is a real stinker!

/ Honda FR700 rototiller stalls after a minute or two. This is a real stinker!
The issue is solved! I was convinced it was a fuel problem after seeing the timing light flash while the engine was dying so I put a new fuel filter and line in but it made no difference. Thanks "kencunningham" for the spark plug suggestion since THAT WAS THE ANSWER!! It was the most unusual answer that solved the problem. Thank you all for your time and great input!

/ Honda FR700 rototiller stalls after a minute or two. This is a real stinker! #12  
I have a Honda-powered pressure washer that does the same thing - haven't had time to try this, but there is an INTERNAL fuel filter on mine - it's part of the fuel outlet, if you look inside with a good light it looks like a small (about 5/16" diameter, maybe 1" long) nearly impossible to get at without removing the tank.

If yours has an EXTERNAL filter, you may be missing a suspect to "shoot and interrogate" -

When I finally get back to that problem, I plan to disconnect the hose, bypassing tank AND internal filter, hook up a rube goldberg gravity feed, and see if the problem goes away.

Not sure if this is your exact problem, but worth a look... Steve

/ Honda FR700 rototiller stalls after a minute or two. This is a real stinker! #13  
Glad i could help.

/ Honda FR700 rototiller stalls after a minute or two. This is a real stinker!
I have a Honda-powered pressure washer that does the same thing - haven't had time to try this, but there is an INTERNAL fuel filter on mine - it's part of the fuel outlet, if you look inside with a good light it looks like a small (about 5/16" diameter, maybe 1" long) nearly impossible to get at without removing the tank.

If yours has an EXTERNAL filter, you may be missing a suspect to "shoot and interrogate" -

When I finally get back to that problem, I plan to disconnect the hose, bypassing tank AND internal filter, hook up a rube goldberg gravity feed, and see if the problem goes away.

Not sure if this is your exact problem, but worth a look... Steve

Steve,

You have the same filter in the fuel tank I do. You can see it in this image. ScreenHunter_03 Apr. 18 10.29.jpg It is accessed from outside the tank if you remove the fuel valve. You'll see a bit of the filter you can grab with needle nose pliers. I'd also give the spark plug a try. It's easy and cheap even if it doesn't work!

/ Honda FR700 rototiller stalls after a minute or two. This is a real stinker! #15  
Thanks, I will - I musta' missed your "victory dance", glad you're back in bizness... Steve

Come to think of it, mine runs fine til maybe 2-3 minutes of full load pressure washing, then quits. Could be I'm the one barking up the wrong tree, I may owe Ken cunningham another thank-you (why wait; thanks Ken...)