Honda gx390 cheap in canada

/ Honda gx390 cheap in canada #1  

Scooby074

Tractor
BX 25, ZD 326
Anybody know where to buy a gx390 (13hp) honda in canada cheaply? Princess auto has them on now for $999.99 down from $1099

Looking in the states typical pricing is $699, currently Northern has it on for $679!! Honda Horizontal OHV Engine — 390cc, GX Series, 1in. x 3 31/64in. Shaft, Model# GX390UT2QAA2 | 241cc - 390cc Honda Horizontal Engines | Northern Tool + Equipment

That much difference is ridiculous!. Anybody know a source in canada close to Northern's prices? Im wanting to use it to build a splitter. I intend on using a 22gpm 2-stage pump and a 5" cyl, basically im copying the timberwolf tw5

/ Honda gx390 cheap in canada #2  
Get it in good ole USA!

Do you know anyone that lives there and could take across for you?

I buy everything I can cross border

/ Honda gx390 cheap in canada
Get it in good ole USA!

Do you know anyone that lives there and could take across for you?

I buy everything I can cross border

Thats the answer isnt it:thumbsup:

Unfortunately i dont know anyone down there, plus im pretty far from the border. If i was closer, i know what id be doing.

Im hoping there's a canadian retailer i missed.

/ Honda gx390 cheap in canada #4  
That much difference is ridiculous!.
My sentiments exactly, I've yet to figure out a good reason, other than we'll bend over and take it every time.
Another example, albeit on a cheaper scale. An air filter for my Goldwing GL1500, $60 + tax (15%) from our local stealer,errr dealer I mean. Bought it off E-Bay, $37 delivered to my door.
Back to your engine. I built a woodsplitter last year and was going to use a Honda 13 but couldn't justify the dollars. I ended up buying a 13HP PA Honda knockoff for $199 I think it was. No complaints...yet....Mike

nice splitter.

So far the PA is holding up? I might consider it although it goes against my avoiding chinese products when possible.. at 199 for the PA i could buy 5 of the knockoffs!

If i could find one for $6-$700 i wouldnt even consider the PA.Ive never had a better motor than a Honda. I have several.

/ Honda gx390 cheap in canada #6  
Thanks.
Ive never had a better motor than a Honda. I have several
Not going to argue that point at all
Knock on wood, it's holding up great. Son in law is using it right now, sat all summer (gas was treated) started on second pull. I see they don't have their 13 listed on their site anymore :-( . Heres a 15 HP PA engine for $300,
One thing you have to keep in mind about PA also, they don't argue about any returns. Sure, it might be a pia to tear it apart but....it's only 1/3 the cost. That was my theory when I bought my Jinma, I knew I wasnt getting high quality but I figured with what I saved I could buy two tractors LOL.
I live in Hardwood Lands, (40 minutes outside Halifax towards Truro on the 102) if you're anywhere close drop me a line, feel free to come and have a look....Mike

/ Honda gx390 cheap in canada #7  
Hope this helps.
Small Engine Warehouse (SEW) sells the GX390A for $625 with free shipping. Not sure if Canada is included in the free shipping offer. I bought one for a stump grinder and it starts before I pull the starter cord half way out. I am very pleased with it. I am in MIchigan, SEW is in Indiana. Mine arrived the next day after ordering it. Good luck.

Hope this helps.
Small Engine Warehouse (SEW) sells the GX390A for $625 with free shipping. Not sure if Canada is included in the free shipping offer. I bought one for a stump grinder and it starts before I pull the starter cord half way out. I am very pleased with it. I am in MIchigan, SEW is in Indiana. Mine arrived the next day after ordering it. Good luck.

Thanks. I checked them out. Shipping is $202.00!!! lol. still cheaper than PA . The PA branded clones sound interesting. not sure which way ill go.

Mike thanks for the offer to visit. Do you have a link for the PA clone? Anybody have luck with the PA 10Hp diesels?

/ Honda gx390 cheap in canada #9