Honda vs. Yamaha vs. Kawasaki vs. ???

/ Honda vs. Yamaha vs. Kawasaki vs. ??? #11  
Oh! Didn't mean to touch on a soar spot but for your information I have owned Honda,Kawasaki and Polaris. A fact is a fact if you ride a 4x4 honda or kawasaki withe the straight rear axle and when it starts sinking far enough to start dragging in the mud you are stuck. At least with the Polaris and I will mention them but wouldn't own one the artic cat can go through more mud than Honda just for the fact of the A arm technology. I can't help it if you can't handle the truth. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Honda vs. Yamaha vs. Kawasaki vs. ??? #12  
No arguments about the ground clearance. The Polaris definitely has the honda beat. 10% of the the time you're not craving ground clearance. All I said is you have those 48 grease fittings to worry about.. I don't see it as a good thing. I look at it as a whole lot of maintinance. Polaris is a good machine if you have a good grease gun. Preferably a PNEUMATIC so your arm doesn't get sore.

John

/ Honda vs. Yamaha vs. Kawasaki vs. ??? #13  
I had a 2001 Polaris Sportsman 500. Twice I had the belt drive smoke and spin out on me, and it happens very fast. Both situations were the same, the front tires were up on the embankment of the ditch going onto the road and I was starting from a dead stop, after waiting for traffic. The belt was adjusted properly and operated well otherwise, including skidding logs.

Honda has a direct gear box drive, so am I correct to think this would not happen with a Honda?

/ Honda vs. Yamaha vs. Kawasaki vs. ??? #14  
Yes, you are correct. It is all gear drive. Thats one advantage to fording streams and water holes. Nothing to get wet and slip. On the older Polaris machines they didn't utilize engine braking when doing a downhill desent either. That has since been rectified on the newer models.

/ Honda vs. Yamaha vs. Kawasaki vs. ??? #15  
Who cares about ground clearance when the things stay broke and you can't ride them.

I have a friend who has a 700 sportsman that hunk of junk STAYS broke!. and i did winch him out of a hole about two weeks ago that i went through on my honda foreman s with no real problems.

i admit (when they are running) polaris's can haul and have ground clearance. but i need a atv that is dependable and well built! if i am going to pay what they want for atv's today i am going to get the best and forget the rest! buy honda !

and like i said you may get a short distance faster than me but i am going to pass you in the long run while you try and fix that thing! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Honda vs. Yamaha vs. Kawasaki vs. ??? #16  
I'll drink to that................

Honda foreman 450es

Attachments

• 442499-deer2.jpg
    442499-deer2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 488
   / Honda vs. Yamaha vs. Kawasaki vs. ??? #17  
Hey john how many miles you got on that fine machine?
mine has ,i believe ,3400 now. the only thing that has gone wrong is a left rear bearing failed. this was mainly due to my 26" super swampers.
i also just recently put a high lifter disc brake kit on it and boy does it make a difference.

awesome dependable machines for those that spend there money wisely.

also i always thought new york had bigger bucks! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Honda vs. Yamaha vs. Kawasaki vs. ??? #18  
I currently have a 2003 Honda Rancher 350cc 4x4 5-speed manual that I bought brand new in Sept. 02. I have used it for hunting, moving my boat and other trailers, working on the farm and around the house (firewood, fencing, hauling materials back and forth, hauling fuel, etc.), joyriding and I am also a hunting guide. Whenever my truck hits the driveway it usually stays there and the fourwheeler is used from there on for everything, if the four wheeler can't do it I have a whole slough of tractors that will. I wouldn't own a Polaris or an Arctic Cat, if I couldn't have a Honda I'd go Yamaha, Suzuki, Kaw. in that order. The Honda's can't be beat. How much mud are you really going to be in? Clearance wise, the rancher has approx. 9" ground clearance, most full size standard 4x4 trucks don't have much more than that, and I can attest 9" of mud will not hang a Rancher. I have had mine in places where four wheelers aren't meant to be and done things that four wheelers weren't meant to do and have never had a problem. I haul firewood on a trailer behind it and I can carry about the equivalent of a full size truck load and have never had a problem with traction or power. My dad and I were both on it with two nice freshly shot deer the season after we purchased it, 1 deer on the front, 1 on the back, two shotguns, two deerstand's and other gear, 8" snow 45 degree incline (roughly 750-800 lbs. on the machine), and a three mile ride home and never lost traction or had a power problem. One time a buddy drove his wife's car (Ford Taurus) out to the farm, got it stuck in some mud at the edge of a field and I pulled it out with none other than my Rancher and a hay rope. Overall the Rancher is one hell of a machine, if you're just needing something to putt around the farm and haul some stuff regularly then the Rancher can't be beat. if you are wnating speed but less dependability get a Polaris (hope your a good mechanic), if you want to work with it and want something dependable everytime/anytime get a Honda. Nough said!

/ Honda vs. Yamaha vs. Kawasaki vs. ??? #19  
+I think I have around 700 miles on it. Most of it is really hard miles. Pulling trees down my hills, dragging a 200 pound rake around and plowing my driveway. Heres a picture of a buck my neighbor got last year. My cabin borders 6000 acres of pretty remote state land and it is actually in a zone where you can hunt bear. Below is my website about all this good stuff and heres a pic of my neighbors deer. A DECENT SIZE New York Buck. I'm a meat hunter.

http://users.adelphia.net/~gizmo/

Attachments

• 442790-buck1.jpg
    442790-buck1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 283
   / Honda vs. Yamaha vs. Kawasaki vs. ??? #20  
Yep john your neighbor got a good one.
i wish it snowed more in arkansas during hunting season. i am a meat hunter but i do hunt antlers. in arkansas you can kill 3 and my son hunts so i can be picky more a little while.
nice cabin!!!