Honeeey? Do these tires make my butt look big?!? - BCS 853 with BIG rubber

/ Honeeey? Do these tires make my butt look big?!? - BCS 853 with BIG rubber
Hey all,

Hope you don't mind me bumping this post. I spoke with a person on the phone last night that is interested in this info and is unfamiliar with this site. I hope he becomes a member...

/ Honeeey? Do these tires make my butt look big?!? - BCS 853 with BIG rubber #22  
Cool thread. Maybe that second cutting news is coming....

/ Honeeey? Do these tires make my butt look big?!? - BCS 853 with BIG rubber #23  
How heavy are the bales? How much time per acre if you combined cutting, raking and baling and hauling? How many bales per acre? And how many of these bales in a standard round large round bale?

The bales weigh App 50 pounds, but that varies due to moisture content and tightness of bale.

So, back to the 12 acres. Here's the time invested in one crop -

10 hours mowing.
7 hours raking
5 hours baling
3 hours gathering the bales ( with 4 people doing it)

We got 246 bales weighing about 50 lbs each

That's 34 man-hours invested for 6.1 tons of hay. This hay would be worth about 60 a ton here. That makes each man-hour worth 10.58 an hour.

Bales per acre is going to vary greatly depending on what you're cutting and how mature it is. Poor yields could be 5 bales an acre, good yields could be 100 bales an acre.

There is no "standard" round bale. Some balers make 4 by 4 bales that weigh 600 pounds. Some balers make 5 by 6 bales that weigh 2000 pounds.

/ Honeeey? Do these tires make my butt look big?!? - BCS 853 with BIG rubber #25  
Sorry to bring an old thread up, but I have not been able to find too much information on using the molon rake. In the US anyways. How do you like using it? How is the windrow it makes?
I'm looking at a bigger one to use behind my tractor, Ford 4600.

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited:
   / Honeeey? Do these tires make my butt look big?!? - BCS 853 with BIG rubber #26  
Just reading this thread made me want to go take a nap, a very looong nap. I suppose those 2 wheel tractors with sickle mower are much better than using a scythe, but that is way too much work for me. I will stick to my 4 wheel tractors.

It's not for everyone, but it sure is a good way to stay in shape. You'll never get a gut walking while making hay.

Sorry to bring an old thread up, but I have not been able to find too much information on using the molon rake. In the US anyways. How do you like using it? How is the windrow it makes?
I'm looking at a bigger one to use behind my tractor, Ford 4600.

Thanks,
Matt

Being powered, it rakes up every blade of grass. It's a lot shorter than other rakes, so easier stored. I think it's a very good unit. I've sold two and both owners are happy with them. You could contact Earth Tools as well.

/ Honeeey? Do these tires make my butt look big?!? - BCS 853 with BIG rubber #29  
Your right, it is more work but I also like the fitness aspect to using my 2 wheel gravely. Im at that point that a little extra exercise is a good thing! May have to try and pick a BCS one of these days, I really like the looks of these machines!

/ Honeeey? Do these tires make my butt look big?!? - BCS 853 with BIG rubber #30  
Farmerboybill: Do you sell molon? Thanks