Horse won't go away (off topic)

/ Horse won't go away (off topic) #41  
Well now that is interesting. Everyone I've talked to said it was illegal, and I didn't find anything online that said otherwise (although I did see reports that such legislation was in the works). Well, I probably won't be going into the horse slaughter business anytime soon, but I always thought it was kind of silly to outlaw it.

Congress reinstated the law that allows Federal meat inspectors to approve horse meat. And they do eat it in Europe, Central Asia and Africa.

/ Horse won't go away (off topic) #42  
We had an Emu show up a couple of years ago. **** thing wouldn't leave. It would get the horses all worked up. We asked around and no one knew about any one raising them. One afternoon it went after my prized Jack Russell, that was it. One shot to the center mass with my slug gun and the problem was solved. I dragged it to our back pasture. Checked on it a few days later and the yotes and vultures had it all but gone.
We go to great lengths to keep our critters in check and I can't tolerate those that don't.

/ Horse won't go away (off topic) #44  
So, you are willing to take the time to shoot the horse and dig a rather large hole to bury it. But, not willing to call the local radio station to put out an announcement? Or better yet just put the word out that it is free for the taking. Post it in the local veternarians office and/or feed store. I assure you someone will take it.
Shooting it would not be cool at all.

Ya I don't get it ether.

/ Horse won't go away (off topic)
Mark Page said:
We had an Emu show up a couple of years ago. **** thing wouldn't leave. It would get the horses all worked up. We asked around and no one knew about any one raising them. One afternoon it went after my prized Jack Russell, that was it. One shot to the center mass with my slug gun and the problem was solved. I dragged it to our back pasture. Checked on it a few days later and the yotes and vultures had it all but gone.
We go to great lengths to keep our critters in check and I can't tolerate those that don't.

Thoughts of the Shetland possibly trampling my own prized pet definitely put me on offense rather than defense. I kept it (my cat) inside until the horse was gone, but he protested loudly. He likes to hunt and explore by day.

/ Horse won't go away (off topic) #46  
Ya I don't get it ether.
What's not to get ? If the animal was truely wanted the owners would be out looking for it. Sounds like the real owners didn't want it either, being so hard to catch and all. I'd give it a few days and then it would be looking down the barrel of my 45-70.
BTW- All four of our event horses have our name and phone number in brass on their halters.

Mark Page said:
What's not to get ? If the animal was truely wanted the owners would be out looking for it. Sounds like the real owners didn't want it either, being so hard to catch and all. I'd give it a few days and then it would be looking down the barrel of my 45-70.
BTW- All four of our event horses have our name and phone number in brass on their halters.

Agree

/ Horse won't go away (off topic) #48  
Mark Page said:

Maybe one day when you get old and lost someone will put you down, don't they have animal control in your third world country?

Degolyerent said:
Maybe one day when you get old and lost someone will put you down, don't they have animal control in your third world country?

??? Reply makes no sense.

/ Horse won't go away (off topic) #50  
I don't know of any herbivores that won't eventually come to a fresh cut apple.