Horst Welding Pallet Forks - Deere 2210, 210

/ Horst Welding Pallet Forks - Deere 2210, 210
Dutch445 and VT990,
How close to $500.00 should you recall the price being, for the pallet forks. A rough quote from my dealer is near $585.00 and he said it varies with steel prices. I need to have some ammo when I go to bargain. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
He clearly does not offer the lowest price on his own.

I have emailed Horst Welding for more info but no word back from them yet. Maybe they are actually mailing me info... or just ignoring me. I'll have to wait and see. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

If there tines are not tapered steel I will end up taking them to my friends shop to have them cut into a taper (the poor quality pic on their site looks like just tubular steel with a Slight taper cut out???!). I would really prefer real forks. Length is no problem for me yet.
VT990, does your RD65 have tubular steel forks or are the solid tapered like a real fork?

/ Horst Welding Pallet Forks - Deere 2210, 210 #12  
They are not solid forks. They have a U profile (open bottom), with a slight taper. I paid $500 for them, however they were part of the entire package. I don't know what they retailed for. Maybe upper $500's.

According to the dealer (I never bothered looking up all the stats), the tubular forks offered more strength than my loader would take. The only downside is that they are thicker than a solid fork. I don't really have any use for sticking an actual pallet, so the width thing doesn't bother me.

/ Horst Welding Pallet Forks - Deere 2210, 210 #13  
I thought they were tubular also, HSS 2x3 according to my price info. My pricing shows $510, but keep in mind prices are changing almost daily, and if I was quoting I would be calling the supplier also for a firm quote. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of room for discounts on this type of equipment, dealers don't make that much items like this.
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif