Hot Cars and kids.

/ Hot Cars and kids. #1  

hillslider

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130 JD X750 and X350
I was reading the paper a couple of days ago and a 18 month old boy was found dead sitting in a closed up car. Story stated the boy was left there for five hours in the hot sun. I saw quite a few stories like this one last summer. Always makes me want to have a fit of anger. Seems like such a stupid act. I wish I had a crystal ball so I could go save these kids and hold them tight to me and with a free hand beat the daylights out of the parents. I can not see this but anything but murder.

/ Hot Cars and kids. #2  
We post notices every summer in the Pet Shop advising people not to leave the children or pets in a closed car. You can't believe how many people "run into the store" for a few things and leave the kids. Sometimes they leave the car running with the air conditioning going. The problem with that is the the kids can put the car into gear and it will run into another car. This happened to my wifes car in the parking lot, just after she warned the mother that it wasn't safe to leave the kids in a running car. The mother said that she did it all the time and nothing happened. Then they heard the crash. Mother was ticketed for leaving a running car with children in it by the local police department and came back "screaming" that it was my wifes fault that her insurance was going to go up, not to mention the fine involved. Stupidity takes all forms today!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Lost that customer for certain... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Hot Cars and kids. #3  
<font color="blue">"hold them tight to me and with a free hand beat the daylights out of the parents." </font>

I'll hold the child for you so you have both hands free! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Hot Cars and kids. #4  
I was going to say who in their right mind leaves a child that age alone for that length of time in the first place but its obvious that these people aren't in their right mind to begin with.

/ Hot Cars and kids. #5  
I can think of a TBN member that might, just because he "is never wrong"...... Mark my words...... someday we will be reading about him in this forum.

/ Hot Cars and kids. #6  
We had a case of that around here this past winter. A woman left her two small children in her running car while she went in for her tanning session! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
At least she's got priorities! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I guess there's no test for parenthood? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I always get attacked for this opinion. People tell me that since we have no children, we shouldn't have an opinion on how others should be raising theirs.
That's not true! I've got opinions on lots of things I know nothing about! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Hot Cars and kids. #7  
This is a good thread. But, I have to admit, when I saw the subject line, I thought it was going to be about teenagers driving Mustang Mach I's...

/ Hot Cars and kids. #8  
Don,
Today's teenagers aren't driving Mustangs... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

They all have Honda Civics and Dodge Neons with $5000 stereos, tinted windows, a big "wing" mounted to the trunk lid, and chrome exhaust pipes that are the size of 2 liter bottles of Diet Pepsi! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Hot Cars and kids. #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( This is a good thread. But, I have to admit, when I saw the subject line, I thought it was going to be about teenagers driving Mustang Mach I's...)</font>

I second that. I will say though that I knew it was going to be about kids being/getting hurt or worse. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif G

/ Hot Cars and kids. #10  
I thought it was about kids stealing cars /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif