Hour Meter and Tach Stopped working

/ Hour Meter and Tach Stopped working
Bird, after researching it a little more, evidently there is a cable too! Like Kubota, Like Deere. So i am gonna pull the panels off and see where it is and then pull it off (if if is not already off or loose) and see if the problem is with the cable or the gauge. If it is the guage, I will get a new one from my dealer and install myself or let them do it. Depends on how long it will take since my dealer and I are 45 minutes apart.

nuru

Bird, stop laughing, Yes It is a cable driven mechanism.

Nuru

Yes the Dealer says it is a cable.

Nuru

/ Hour Meter and Tach Stopped working #14  
/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gifOK, Nuru, I'll try./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I worked on the cable for about two hours and I think the unit is shot, Dealer is going to send on to me, and then it is back to installing it..

Nuru

/ Hour Meter and Tach Stopped working #16  
When you say the "unit" is shot, I guess you're talking about the tachometer itself in the instrument panel? I've known of a few to go bad, but it seems to me to be a bit unusual. I thought it would be the cable instead. Hope it's not too big a job to change.

Bird, no it is not a big job. I can get to the cable, both ends (removing the exhause pipe on the engine end, and the dash panel on the other - not the steering wheel though - whew!). I did a check on the cable and it was rotating, but the needle was not moving. The dealer thinks it is the unit. I will check the cable once again, when i go to install the new one. I will start the engine and see if the cable rotates.

Nuru

/ Hour Meter and Tach Stopped working #18  
don't forget to add a 'puff' of graphite or teflon lube when you put the cables into the unit. [same stuff as the automotive tach/speed lube].

Thanks FC, I totally for got about that one!

Nuru