Hour Meter Question

/ Hour Meter Question #11  
I never really checked mine. Is that in the manual anywhere or was it a trial and error or very close watch on your part? Just curious.

/ Hour Meter Question #12  
John, I don't recall the manual explaining the difference in the two kinds of hourmeter or proofmeter. I just learned about mine by observation.

/ Hour Meter Question #13  
johnk said:
I never really checked mine. Is that in the manual anywhere ...

Kubota is has never been everly generous in providing interesting details to owners. A case in point is the fact that Kubota changed the type of hour meter when it replaced the older BX22/BX23 models with the redesigned BX24. If you take a look at the respective BX tractor manuals you will find no mention of this significant design change. I suspect that few if any dealers would actually be aware of this change if you were to ask them.

/ Hour Meter Question #14  
Bird,
I was replying to Cheesehead because he has a 3130 like me. You have a 7800 which may be different. I was hoping the 3130 went by the rpms more than the actual time.

/ Hour Meter Question #15  
lp333 said:
The earlier and least expensive B models (i.e. B7100, B6100, B5100, B9200, B8200, B7200, B6200, B1550, B1550, B1750, B2150 ... at least those tractors that actually had an hour meter) had an electric meter that started to count as soon as the key was turned on. These meters did not require the motor to be running in order to advance.

Correction. I own a B1550 and have the manual which includes the B1750 and 2150. They all have mechanical ie. cable driven RPM Gauges. Just had to replace mine at 1250 hrs

/ Hour Meter Question #16  
johnk said:
I never really checked mine. Is that in the manual anywhere or was it a trial and error or very close watch on your part? Just curious.

John any of the Kubota痴 with the new electronic display panels will be actual hours rather than PTO hours.

MarkV

/ Hour Meter Question #17  
I used to have the B1750. It accumulated hours based on use,not time-i.e. PTO hours. That's a real drag that any newer electronic dash tractor is merely an engine clock. Progress!

/ Hour Meter Question #18  
I'm happy that my L3240 has an "engine clock" not a "engine rev counter".

I use the hour meter to help me gauge when to lube my FEL and Back-hoe (every 10 hr). I use both at fairly low RPM. So an "engine rev counter" would under estimate my usage. Of course, my "engine clock" over estimates usage, So I have to discount it a bit or just lube more often than necessary. FWIW I'd rather be safe, than sorry.

Note to self: Try engaging the PTO to see if even turns :eek: You may find a use for it someday :)

Talon Dancer

/ Hour Meter Question #19  
TalonDancer said:
I'm happy that my L3240 has an "engine clock" not a "engine rev counter".

I use the hour meter to help me gauge when to lube my FEL and Back-hoe (every 10 hr). I use both at fairly low RPM. So an "engine rev counter" would under estimate my usage. Of course, my "engine clock" over estimates usage, So I have to discount it a bit or just lube more often than necessary. FWIW I'd rather be safe, than sorry.

Note to self: Try engaging the PTO to see if even turns :eek: You may find a use for it someday :)

Talon Dancer

Totally agree. Rev counter sounds like nothing more than a modified speedometer. You can still load the engine hard at 1300 rpms, so why register half the run time? Eventually I'll add an electric meter to mine.